Thread: Drug reverses Alzheimers symptoms in minutes

Drug reverses Alzheimers symptoms in minutes

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23431610-details/Drug%20'can%20reverse%20Alzheimer's%20symptoms%20i n%20minutes'/article.do

Seems a British study used the ATNF drug Embrel on some 15 people suffering moderate to severe Alzheimers and viola'!
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Thumbs up

Sue - thanks so much for posting this information and the link.

While this treatment is very much in its infancy, and only a possibility, any hope is better than none.

This is something I haven't heard about before now, and I'm always on the lookout for information about treatments for Alzheimer's disease.

My husband's 92 year old Mom was DX'd with AD a few months ago, even though we knew she had a dementia, and serious problems, long before then. As shes aged it's been such an important thing to her to remain in her own home, so we moved in with her several months ago to look after her and her home, and to do what we can to help keep her at home for as long as possible.

The disease progressed at what seemed like a very rapid rate in the months just prior to us moving in. However, once the DX was made and she was put on medications that rapid decline kind of 'evened out', and she has been maintaining at a better level since.

At this point in time we can't tell who of us will get this disease which affects not only the 'victim', but family and other loved ones. It's very difficult to see someone you love go through the process of Alzheimer's.

A treatment that would rid a person of the disease with a series of shots seems almost too good to hope for - but why not? It will be most interesting to watch and see what transpires from this.

"When it comes to a choice between two evils, I will always choose the one I haven't tried before." - Mae West