Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meanest mom..

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    Here's my question: How was she able to take a car away from a 19-year-old adult? Did he sign a contract?
    The car was probably only phisically his. But titled, registrared and insured by the family.. hence mommy dearest.

it may have been in her name. I know that Linda has her name on her sons truck title till he pays us back for the loan that was used to buy it.

oops I was too slow on my response

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    The car was probably only phisically his. But titled, registrared and insured by the family.. hence mommy dearest.
    Got you!

Quote Originally Posted by darrel
    it may have been in her name. I know that Linda has her name on her sons truck title till he pays us back for the loan that was used to buy it.

oops I was too slow on my response
    No problem, thanks for the input!

This was an interesting one, and has been in the news. I'm only about an hour away from Des Moines, so it has been a good one now that the candidates are gone, finally.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

That WAS pretty harsh....but sooooo funny! The kid'll get over it eventually, and everything'll work out, usually. I know my grandfather threatened variously dire conseqences for automotive misbehavior, and while I did have a lead-weighted foot, it was kinda hard to get speeding tickets driving once a week or so in a Rabbit in rural Arkansas. I never did mess with alcohol, so dodged that bullet.

In a nutshell, my old man said I could drive like i wanted to so long as i bought the car, paid the insurance and the tickets. And this kid is no doubt welcome to store all the booze he wants in the car so long as he pays for it (car, booze, tickets for minor in possession, etc ) himself.

Tom