Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Gun Related Post :)

Another Gun Related Post :)

I bought this ruger 10/22 semi auto with the idea of punching paper and using it for varmints & rabbits & squirrells..but.... found it too heavy to hold up and at over 8lb trigger pull i couldnt shoot it very well at all.

So i did some research and found Many manufacturers that cater to after market parts for this gun
    so i ordered a ton of stuff
    a HOGUE Overmolded stock/rubber coated fiberglass(very light).
    a TACTICAL SOLUTIONS 16.5 IN ALUMINIUM Barrel with 1in 16 twist(verylight)
    then a bunch of internal parts / a target hammer and trigger set which brought trigger pull down to 2.75 lbs .
    an extended bolt handle for charging easily with fumble fingers lol.
    and extended magazine release for same reason
    and a couple high capacity magazines
    this gun is soooo light i can hold it up and shoot accurately from my chair.

i also use a modified camera tripod to rest it...thing shoots amazing groups

Very nice setup, a very versatile rifle. Darn things last forever too. Enjoy.

it does look a lot lighter. wow that is a real light trigger now. it does look like you will have some fun with that now.

Very nice modifications. I own the SS model of the same rifle and used it for the same purposes when I was a farm dweller. It is very accurate and reliable.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

I have the same model except mine has a synthetic stock and stainless barrel. I had no idea there were so many accesories available for it.
    "There's too many things to get done, and I'm running out of days" 3 Doors Down

Nice mods. Once you get it all zeroed in, that thing is gonna be a tack driver. Looks like your barrel is fluted, that's a good mod to reduce weight and maintain strength, but I'm not clear on the construction of the barrel. Is it a steel sleeve with an aluminium outer, or is it all aluminium?
    Anyway enjoy it.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Jesus said to him, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14

Nice set up. I built up a standard 10/22 several years ago, with a bull barrel and a bunch of Volquartsen internals. It was a "tack-driver", but the new barrel made it so heavy, I ended up selling it.

Now I have a box stock Deluxe 10/22.

If a person likes to tinker, the 10/22 is a great choice. Inexpensive, and the after market support of parts is fantastic.

Joe

My eight year old son has been after me to let him shoot my 10-22 so last weekend we finally made it out (had to wait for pheasant season to end) He had a blast burning up the shells. I have the extended mag release and other items ventilated hand guard, flash compressor, folding stock, pre banned 50 round magazines combat clipped together and the trigger crank when I want to really burn up the rounds. We made short work of the 300 rounds we brought along. I forgot how fun this gun is to shoot. Next week I think we will take the Mini 14 out and blast a few rounds through it.

Quote Originally Posted by ac06
    Nice mods. Once you get it all zeroed in, that thing is gonna be a tack driver. Looks like your barrel is fluted, that's a good mod to reduce weight and maintain strength, but I'm not clear on the construction of the barrel. Is it a steel sleeve with an aluminium outer, or is it all aluminium?
    Anyway enjoy it.

fluted alum barrel with a chrome-molly liner... this thing shoots dimes at 25 yds

Nice looking setup you have. Years ago, i had a stock 10/22 I intended as a project gun, wanted a folding stock and an Acculite target barrel - best of both worlds. alas, because of that silly ban on folders, and also the fact that the stock only accepted the standard diameter barrel (reaming would have been expensive) I never did anything and eventually sold the rifle. They still make that Acculite barrel? Composite/CF wrapped around an inner steel sleeve? Might have to pick one up again, but I was always a pistol guy, just more fun kicking up soda cans and trying to hit the next one before the first can came back down (hint - for a 'cheat' aim low and in front of the can )