Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody own/tested a Quickie Groove?

Question Does anybody own/tested a Quickie Groove?

These chairs have only just hit the UK market but I hear they've been around for a while in the USA.

I've been looking to replace my 17 year old Invacare Cheetah outdoor chair with something equally as good off road but usable indoors as I'm getting less mobile in my manual.

The rear wheel drive set up with electric seat riser and electric tilt would seem to meet my requirements.

I've narrowed the choice down to this or the Invacare Storm 3, which I don't think is sold in the States.

Any help/info/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

in europe the groove is available as rear, front and mid drives - according to the brochure, which ive only seen online (http://www.quickiepower.com/), the mwd seems to be the same as the usa quickie rhythm. but i only figured this out yesterday - i thought they mostly ignored mwd over here! and i dont know anything about any of them... but you may well find users here or in wheelchairjunkie.com
    Last edited by amyk; 01-08-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru
    These chairs have only just hit the UK market but I hear they've been around for a while in the USA.

I've been looking to replace my 17 year old Invacare Cheetah outdoor chair with something equally as good off road but usable indoors as I'm getting less mobile in my manual.

The rear wheel drive set up with electric seat riser and electric tilt would seem to meet my requirements.

I've narrowed the choice down to this or the Invacare Storm 3, which I don't think is sold in the States.

Any help/info/suggestions would be very much appreciated.
    I have tested a Quickie Groove in the rear-drive configuration. It has Delphi electronics from the company that equips autos. It also has some heavy-duty German motors. The chair can be upgraded to do about 7 or 8 mph. I drove it over some pretty rough terrain in hilly Charlottesville, VA. It has some really cool torque set-up that really hauls in different modes over flat and then up hills. It has great suspension as well. The test chair had a tilt feature that I would not need, but it worked very well and does so without raising the chair height much, if any, and does so in a small area.

The Groove is definately my choice of powerchair to replace my Quickie P-300. My friends with Invacare Arrows are not as satisfied with them as they are their older Rangers for outdoor use. Ask Deadeye. He hunts in the woods up in Charlottesville area and elsewhere...and I believe he uses his Ranger versus his Arrow. The Invacares are fast on level surfaces, but on any outdoor terrain, they don't have what the Groove puts out.

I live in the foothill country of the Blueridge Mnts of Virginia and besides hills, there are a lot of unpaved areas if just talking parking lots. I need "true" rear-wheel drive powerchair and the Groove is one.

This is just my test experience and not of someone who has owned one for an extended period of time. Again though, the Groove is my choice when my P-300 goes to powerchair heaven. I was also waiting for them to be out awhile and let Quickie work out some of the features offered and so-on.

I will be picking up my new RWD Groove next week!
    It has the full suspension, 8.5mph motors, Delphi electronics.
    It also has the Amy Sys tilt, recline, elev legs.

I hope its all good!
    this will be my first Quickie power chair...I'm upgrading from a Blast HD.

I'll try to post some pics when I pick it up...

cheers!

Very many thanks for your input people.

Has anybody else tested or bought this beast?

The first Groove I tested turned out to be one hellava' Quickie.

Bump...........

............ still undecided, does anybody have anymore information?

I'm testing a Groove tomorrow on a three-day loan. The one downside is that it's 1/2 in. wider than the Ranger, which could be a problem getting on and off our transit buses.

Let you know what I think in the next couple of days.

Hi Kyle

How's the new quickie groove going?

I like that one too but I don't think RWD will do the 90 degree angle between my bedroom and lounge doors. I tried a FWD dragon by dragon mobility and that did but didn't have recline.

I can't decide between FWD and MWD. Mine would mainly be used indoors but also has a back up for dog walking if scooter is out of action and to get in small park with swing gate twice a week so can't be too long.

Also having difficulty deciding whether to just get one with seat lift for reaching into cupboards etc or go for a sit-to-stand chair?

Kati

Katie,

my groove has been great!
    no problems whatsoever, I'm even still using the original rear tires!