Thread: my dilema....................

my dilema....................

i was screwin around, yea boredom gets the best of me sometimes. anyways...i was tryin to reformat with my win xp pro cd. welllllll, i screwed up an dl'd it into my D: drive, wiping out my acer recovery option, yep i know i'm a genius every now an then, hehe.

luckily it didn't bother my C: drive so my winxp home is still intact an doing fine now. my problem is when i first boot it pops up the options of which OS i wanna use. xp home is the first one so it starts loading after a few seconds but can i make this quit popping up? i have win 2k as the second an then theres xp pro as 3rd choice. any ideas or can anybody even understand my ramblin? hahaha.

Yha its quite easy.

Properites of my computer ->/ Advanced tab -> Start up and Recovery

Options are there, You can edit the boot.ini file with the edit button.

how'd i know you'd know how to fix it? hahahahaha.....

haven't been able to check yet cause my son's myspac'n it, lol.

i changed the timeout in which to choose OS's from 5 to 0. if theres sumthin else, i'll hafta do it tomorrow.

You can remove the other ones by the edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    You can remove the other ones by the edit.
    he's gone boardin........i'm on it.

help!!!!!!!!! delete everything but the default???????????????

[Boot Loader]
    Timeout=0
    Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOW S
    [Operating Systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINNT="Microso ft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect
    C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows XP Professional Setup"

[Boot Loader]
    Timeout=0
    Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOW S
    [Operating Systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Should be it...

ok, i'm lost......

tryin to reformat??????????

dl'd windriver ghost, my drivers..driver magician lite. they find my drivers, say save on comp. an d/l after reformat. if i reformat....everythings gone, even drivers saved by these devices.

if i could at least get online after reformat, i'm good but it don't recognize my dsl modem or nuthin.

oh yea, i'm putting on winxp professional over winxp home. got 2 cd's. when they come up theres nothing on the desktop but recycle bin, no internetty.

if i could save a couple like my internet connection and sound, i believe most everything else works.
    Last edited by rollin64; 01-13-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Reformatting removes everything......... XP should get 90% or more going on your computer. Just did it today actually...

I'm not a dsl guy, so.. ha ha, but i guess if you d/l to a flashdrive you'd be good.

lemme try that an see what happens. all i need really is my internet connection to get goin, i can handle it from there.