Thread: Trying to make contact with a gentleman from Louisiana

Trying to make contact with a gentleman from Louisiana

In January 2000 my father was in a hospital in Louisiana. During his stay a man was brought into ICU with a SCI. He was injured while riding an ATV. He had a beautiful wife and two fine teenaged sons. It think he was a para. I have thought and prayed for this family many times since. Now that SCI has invaded our family also I would like to know what happened with this man. Did he ever walk again? How is he and his family coping? ... Does this fit any of you? Or do you know of someone that fits this description? I have more details if you think you are them or know them.

Thanks and I hope this makes since.

Pasquale

Trying to understand

Pasquale~ I did a search of your 4 posts to try to better understand what you are looking for. I am a bit confused. In one post you say that you are new SCI, 1 year post. You ask for cathing info as well as questions about hands. In your other posts you say that it is your daughter.

What hospital in LA did you meet this para at? That might help narrow people down. There are at least 3-4 folks that meet your description. Where did your daughter do her rehab? She was in the hospital for over a year, did she have some unexpected complications or do you have great insurance. How is she doing now? It has been awhile since you posted last. There are support groups if that is what you are ultimately looking for.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

What hospital, and how long ago?
    "There's too many things to get done, and I'm running out of days" 3 Doors Down

Cheesecake,

My first post was done while my daughter was in rehab. She had questions so I wrote from her thinking that she would take it from there. She didn't but I enjoyed the site so I continued to look around often. It's a long story as to why she was in rehab so long. Basiclly, insurance couldn't decide what to do about her living arrangements and kept her in house for 8 months longer. She is doing fine now. She has constant pain but is coping well. She is a C6-7 incomplete in sensation so she feels areas below her injury level.

The gentleman I am looking for was in a hospital in Alexandria but was not from there. It was around January 12, 2000. Hope that helps to narrow the search down. I am not looking for a support group. We have lots of great support and we don't live in La. I just think of this man often and wonder how things turned out for him.

Jerry,

A hospital in Alexandria, Louisiana on or around January 12, 2000

Quote Originally Posted by pasquale
    Jerry,

A hospital in Alexandria, Louisiana on or around January 12, 2000
    The guy I was thinking of wasn't in the hospital until 2004. Sorry I couldn't be of help.
    "There's too many things to get done, and I'm running out of days" 3 Doors Down