Thread: My moan about plastic wrapping!

My moan about plastic wrapping!

Why why why do companies have to wrap everything in plastic that is impossible to open unless you hack at it with a pair of scissors, or cut half your hand off attacking the contents with a knife in an attempt to get the product open?

Ink for my printer, head phones I just bought, batteries etc etc all wrapped in layers of thick plastic with no way in!

Note to manufactures:

My new headphones are not made a cheese or have any food content that I am aware of, they will not go off if they get air to them. Please, save my hands, my teeth, my sanity and the planet into the bargain, stop wrapping them as if you are building a Chieftain tank!

Am I alone here or do others get driven up the wall by this?

You are not alone. Those clam wrapped packages can drive you nuts! Mr SoFla tickled my fancy by adding to my toolbox an electric sissor that easily slices the clam wrap. Problem was, I had to open the wrapped scissors.

yes it does suck and makes me mad as hell, but they do this to help keep the shoplifting down...it is very difficult to hide a big bulky plastic wrapped item..

Darrel hit it, mostly, on the head. It's also a pretty good indicator that the item hasn't been messed with. Keep kitchen shears or power shears handy. One of the best investments I made was in a pair of kitchen shears I've got hanging from the bottled water hot tap (defunct) in my kitchen. Just opened a new set of brushheads for my Sonicare Elite Series brush this after and thought where I'd be trying to get them out w/o.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Anyone tried one of these?

http://www.pyranna.com

(KLD)

I thought of that the other night when I saw it on TV my luck it would come in one of those plastic packages...LOL

This is the one that runs every other infomercial in the mornings here.. same principle as what KLD posted. Looks like it may work.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

I use one of those seam rippers that you find in the sewing section at walmart, it also works great opening up delivered packages.