Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lcd Tvs

PN Good looking out. Exactly, thats why I choose over a 40'' because of 1080p.. I didnt want 720p.. I read somewhere its a few lines in difference. I know sams club have the one I want. I'll just get it price match at bestbuy...
    Walmart may have it they take anything back.. Open pack of tampax!

Also that samsung had a better picture then all of them.. Im a sucker for sony... May go samsung..

Samsung with high contrast ratio is the best picture out there...actually sony and samsung are together on LCD as I was told...Forget Plasma and DLP as there dying out.
    Art

I got two Samsung TV's, a 32" 1080i last year and a 46" 1080p this year. I love them both. Samsung does get it's LCD's from Sony, although recently I read that they are gonna start making their own soon. So if you really like Sony, think of it this way you are getting a Sony TV for much cheaper price, cause you're not paying for the name. And I would definately recomend buying a TV from the local store. Learned it the hard way about 5 years ago when I ordered one online and it came broke and it took forever to get it replaced. Too much headache.

Samsung are higher than sony in price for a 46''..

Quote Originally Posted by Art454
    Samsung with high contrast ratio is the best picture out there...actually sony and samsung are together on LCD as I was told...Forget Plasma and DLP as there dying out.

Plasmas: Pioneer Kuros will change your mind.

Rear projection: Samsung LED DLPs will change your mind.

As a sidebar...how much of a PITA is it to sell your TV so you have space for a new one? Is the typical used TV buyer like a used car shopper or ??? Experiences? I need to get rid of my 55", would love to upgrade, but not looking forward to getting rid of the current one.

andy - you're in a big city.

put it on craigslist; it may be easy to unload.

Quote Originally Posted by Art454
    Forget Plasma and DLP as there dying out.
    Nah... the only affordable LCD's are 40'' and smaller. Granted, they have excellent pics, but try pricing a 61'' or 71'' in LCD.. You can buy a nice SUV instead. Plasmas have come waay down, DLP is holding strong for the consumer wanting a bigscreen w/o the big pricetag. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Andy, stick that 55'er in another room. I still have an older 60'' CRT Mitsu. in my workout/spare bedroom.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Don't really see the need for an LCD as the DLP's have great color, resolution and picture quality for less money. I would never purchase a large ticket TV set on line as I would be concerned about the return issues if a problem should arise. Some online retailers contract with local service centers to handle repairs which might work out.

As far a price is concerned, I would spend my time looking into the reviews of which sets are the best and then wait for the Sunday newspaper supplements to come out and see if the TV set I sellected is on sale. Many times you can get better prices at manufacturer's subsidized retail sales then online pricing.
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by MADPRODUCER
    Samsung are higher than sony in price for a 46''..
    I don't know where you are looking at for your prices, but at Circuit City 46" Samsung is cheaper than a 46" Sony LCD.
    Check it out...
    http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/catOid/-12869/N/20012866+20012867+20012869+4590+965/link/ref/Ns/net_price|1/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do