Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lcd Tvs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lcd Tvs

I went to BEST BUY saw a real nice Sony 46in LCD. Do you think anything is wrong buying online from bwayphoto? They have 5 stars and over 5000 positive reviews..
    Or online itself?

I just did a Google search for Bwayphoto and I think you should buy elsewhere. Sony makes a very good LCD and I would make sure (because of the size) you get 1080p. Sharp is another company that rates very high and they both have good processors for upscaling Standard Def.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

have 2 sharp aquous.. a 05 26" and a 07 37"....... Yha im a tv whore. My mother bought a 26" sony, 05, an likes my sharp better.

But as PN said, at 46" get 1080p as it's got better resolution.

I just got 1080i because I was told they're not broadcasting in 'p' yet ...

I have both an Aquos and a Sony Bravia .. prefer the Sony by miles.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    I just got 1080i because I was told they're not broadcasting in 'p' yet ...

I have both an Aquos and a Sony Bravia .. prefer the Sony by miles.
    Funny, your opposite of my mom......... I've never seen hers so....

Even though the 1080p isn't put yet, and the others are cheaper... I went with th 1080p because of resolution...

Did you know too, that on rogers you can piggy back on other folks on-demand signals?

I have a Samsung 46" 4671. It rox. The 1080 is great on channels that broadcast in that res.
    "If ya don't have it in the hips, ya better have it in the lips..." ~ Charlie - Villa Dulce

1080i is basically the same as 720p. 1080p is the true HD format. If you have watched a BluRay movie on a 1080p TV you know what I mean. Sharper and clearer than the movie theater.

It's true that 720p is good for most broadcast and certainly for std DVD's, but I like having a 1080p set. I do understand buying 720p to save money, but I want 1080 so I can enjoy the full effect in the near future.

Samsung LCD's FTW. i have 2 22in and a 40in lcd 1080p hooked up to my computer. quality tv's. make sure you get 1080p cuz you'll be sorry down the road.

I would never buy a big ticket item off the internet. I prefer a physical store to view it and in case there's a problem and I know they'll have a good return policy. Also, with a nice 1080p tv, LCD, plasma or DLP, you'll want to get the extended in-home warranty.. I can't imagine the mess I'd go thru if I had a problem with one of these online shops. Buyer beware.. buy from a reputable store.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    I would never buy a big ticket item off the internet. I prefer a physical store to view it and in case there's a problem and I know they'll have a good return policy. Also, with a nice 1080p tv, LCD, plasma or DLP, you'll want to get the extended in-home warranty.. I can't imagine the mess I'd go thru if I had a problem with one of these online shops. Buyer beware.. buy from a reputable store.
    same thinking here.

oh yea, we're both georgians, that explains it.