Thread: spasm gotten violent

spasm gotten violent

help the last month my spams have gotten so violent my legs go straight out shake get ridged
    they got to my rid cage arms and hands clinch tight and last almost for a minute i got in at shepards last week told dr bowman who order mri
    i have gotten stronger not weaker also my left leg is now staring to move i can pick up my left foot when laying down but in the last 4 days i can/t get out of bedbymself in morning as i am ridged. my son has to move me.any ideas
    i see dr bowman wed.

oh i am 4 yrs into this c6 c7 i also have gone from aisa a to c and d for sensorty
    my spelling is horrible

Glad to hear you are getting more return, but sorry that your spasticity is worse. Are you currently on any anti-spasticity meds? If so, what and how much? Are your bowels, bladder and skin OK? Are you feeling OK otherwise? Increased spasticity can just happen for some people, but it can also be a warning that something is wrong. Was this a sudden or gradual change.

Glad you are seeing your SCI physician. Be sure to discuss this in detail with him or her.

(KLD)

everything is great skin bowels in fact with the easy stand 6000 they have gotten better
    nothing seem wrong except my back between shoulder blades made a terrible sound like it cracked and hurt like the dicken and if you rub on it it still hurts i have osteoporsis in back osteo pena in lower back osteoporosis in left hip i am takin fosamax and calium.actually the spams ar just like my mom when she had fractures when she had osteoporosis a coople of yrs ago but she is not paralized dr bowman does not think that is the cause.also the spams <violent> started back about the time i started getting some return .
    i am wierd. i see dr. bowman wed

oh yes i take 120 mg of bacofin a day thats all

i got back from shepards they found a cyst in my neck at injury point but its small hes not concerned says my spinal cord as apthory<sp>
    but not worried sent me to have ultra sound of kidney and galbladder. to rule out spams violent
    i had a couple while i was there. he gave me this to go with bacofen dantnum 25m 2 times a day what is it does it make you sleepy

I am exactly 2 years... out T-12.. Just recently my spasms have gone through the roof. My legs stiffen straight out and shake violently. Also, at night they jerk and it is very hard to sleep. Im my case "I THINK" it may be related to my bowels. If anything is in my system.... well the spasm start up crazy. Keep in touch. Mikey! (Florida)

MSB.