Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mac Stuff

I recently installed Windows XP using Apple's Boot Camp. I didn't want to have to spend or waste any time trying to get Dragon or Real VNC to work with another computer using Parallels or VMware. It took me about 15 or 20 minutes to install Dragon on the new iMac. XP works very well on the iMac, and I would say that I have a very fast Windows machine.

One of the drawbacks to Windows is having to install security software for protection.

I was planning on installing iListen yesterday but I encountered a scheduling conflict. After reading some of the user reviews for iListen, it looks like I will need at least an hour to go through the process, along with the training. I should have this task completed before Thursday, and will post my results.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Ok, stupid Q by Mac newbie:

What is the simplest way to just burn a cd? Wife's new MacBook Pro laptop came with all the usual Apple apps, just don't see burn cd anywhere.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Put in your writable DVD/CD into the drive and open your finder (face on bottom left). The blank disc will show up in the left hand side of the finder, drag the info you want onto the disc's icon. When you're finished, go to that disk using the finder and there will be a "burn" button on the top right.

It's pretty much just drag and drop, fairly easy once you're used to it.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff
    Ok, stupid Q by Mac newbie:

What is the simplest way to just burn a cd? Wife's new MacBook Pro laptop came with all the usual Apple apps, just don't see burn cd anywhere.
    if you want to do photos, select the photos you want(make sure the cd is in the drive) then go to the "SHARE" drop down tab and choose "BURN".

If you want to do music in iTunes, it's similar, except that there's also a button on the bottom right corner so you don't have to go into the menu...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

So, do we have to actually load the data(music) into a "real" spot on the comp first? I'm used to burning music on a pc doing a read/burn where the s/w just uses a temp area that then gets auto deleted. iTunes imports the cd into your lib automatically.

Easiest to download it to iTunes, then burn the CD, and if you want to, you can then easily delete the data from iTunes, or alternatively just leave it there in a separate library so you can later put it on an iPod when desired.

(KLD)

What's the best s/w to d/l to view a .wmv file on a Mac?

What's the best s/w to d/l to view a .wmv file on a Mac?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...omponents.mspx

use quicktime.

Ok. I saw that, just thought it seemed weird that the best would come from MS, but I guess since they didn't write it, it's ok.

Ok. I saw that, just thought it seemed weird that the best would come from MS, but I guess since they didn't write it, it's ok.
    McDuff, .wmv stands for windows media file. Windows provides a program for Mac computers to view their files. It is buggy windows software but you can't beat its free price. Here are several Mac alternatives.

• Flip4Mac™ which allows you to view .wmv files using Apple's Quicktime program. The free version allows you to view low resolution files. The purchasable version gives you more bells and whistles for $29. The latest version of Leopard-compatible flip4mac is at http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/28842

• Xilisoft Video Converter DvX http://www.xilisoft.com/video-converter-mac.html will convert most video formats to others ($49) with versions for PowerPC and also for Intel Macs.

• Other Mac Programs to convert wmv files to other formats http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/B...codec-mac.html including files that can be used on ipod and iphone.

• Shareware programs to convert from one format to another are available from many programmers and, while they are free, they are usually not supported and not upgraded for each version of the OSX. http://www.macworld.co.uk/macsoftwar...m?newsid=20020

Wise.