Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Calendar Fundraiser

Quote Originally Posted by zilnh View Post
    I can't figure out who took this photo. It was sent in an e-mail. If anyone knows, please let me know. I think that this would be great for this project.

I love this photo. A great idea.

What happened to the calendar idea? Well, after numerous attempts to coordinate with an already existing 501C3 charity, I had to stop. I don't want to start yet another splinter charity, so I didn't want to set up my own.

It is a good idea. I wanted to do it. It is now nearly 2009 and no calendar was created. I am sorry. I tried, I contacted, I called...

There were several people here that were really supportive of the idea. If anyone has the contacts to get this hooked up with an existing 501C3, I still think it is a decent fundraising project.

Thanks,

Liz
    I wished upon a falling star, I wished it had not fallen...

Um, thanks Liz. Didn't realize it was you. Maybe next year. I was looking for a last minute gift.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

What happened to the calendar idea? Well, after numerous attempts to coordinate with an already existing 501C3 charity, I had to stop. I don't want to start yet another splinter charity, so I didn't want to set up my own.

It is a good idea. I wanted to do it. It is now nearly 2009 and no calendar was created. I am sorry. I tried, I contacted, I called...

There were several people here that were really supportive of the idea. If anyone has the contacts to get this hooked up with an existing 501C3, I still think it is a decent fundraising project.

Thanks,

Liz
    is it a guys and girls calender? i mean the pics, are they of just guys or girls. Just let me know if you need an help, if its still a go.
    God is good

Hello,

I am more than willing to work on this project, but I have to work with an already existing charity. There are just too many splinter groups and adding one more just isn't going to help the big cause, but that is just my opinion.

If someone is aware of a group that would like to do a calendar fundraiser, I am all set to do it. But I can't do it alone.

The calendar would not be a male-vs-female thing as that idea has been shot down.

So, I would love to have help. Do you have any contacts with existing organizations?

Thanks,

Liz

I don't really. I do work for Think First though which is an accident prevention company. I'm close friends with my boss,so I can talk to her and see what the company can do. What are the pics gonna be of?? I saw some pics of reflection, which is cool, but what would the calender be of? I'm just a little confused on this, sorry.....
    God is good

Liz, you can do it as a for-profit venture & just donate all or part of the profits elsewhere. No need to team up w/ an org, in my opinion.

RP,

The idea of reflections was to be the theme of the calendar. Reflections of what ought to be. There were a bunch of pictures that I put in the members area with a link. Just as an idea. Wheelie Mike had some really fantastic ideas too. There were other incarnations of what should be in the calendar, but this idea seemed to have the most broad based appeal without being either depressing, or attracting stalkers.

Scott,

1. Is that what Newman's Own was?
    2. I am quite frankly scared of doing that...I have read enough about bracelets...
    3. It is very important to me that people are able to have proof that the money is going where it is supposed to be and that I am not skimming off the top. That is why I wanted to work with an existing charity. That way, there would be transparency.

Thanks,

Liz

1. Is that what Newman's Own was?
    I'm not familiar w/ what Newman's Own was/is.
    2. I am quite frankly scared of doing that...I have read enough about bracelets...
    It's silly to compare any for-profit venture to the bracelet debacle, but whatever. If you build credibility, it shouldn't be an issue.
    3. It is very important to me that people are able to have proof that the money is going where it is supposed to be and that I am not skimming off the top. That is why I wanted to work with an existing charity. That way, there would be transparency.
    Fair enough, although being able to cover overhead costs doesn't count as "skimming off the top."

However, you'd run into other issues if an org were to take ownership of the project.

Newman's http://www.newmansown.com/commongood.cfm

So Scott, want to help?

Liz