Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647

Thread: Recipes for avoiding UTI's

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    NoDecaf, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "dry out". I sip water from a bottle with a straw during the night sometimes. I insert the catheter using KY Jelly. It's never been clogged up. I put out anywhere from 1500cc-2500cc each night. I tape the funnel end of the catheter to my dick and use a Dale catheter strap to secure the catheter to my thigh. Not sure what else you might mean.
    Hi Smokey, how do you tape the funnel end of the catheter to your dick?

Lately I'm peeing around 1500 CC with my first catheter of the morning and having UTIs every 4 weeks. Thanks

Hi, is there any side effects for Uroquid Acid?
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Ihave no problem doing that - what do the other nurses think?
    CKF

Hi, is there any side effects for Uroquid Acid?
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Ihave no problem doing that - what do the other nurses think?
    CKF

Hi Decaf, How do you take the Mandelamine?

Possible Help with UTIs

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker and not very active, but I thought I would pass this information on to those with chronic UTIs. I'm post 28 years (C4 functioning quad) and have always dealt with the pesky bastards that are urinary infections. However, for the last 3 years it seemed like I just couldn't get away from the darn things. I went at the most a few weeks without having one. Then my friend who is an acupuncturist sent me the link below.

I read up on the site and my infections were always caused by gram-negative bacteria with the three culprits being Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Staphylococcus aureus, and Klebsiella oxytoca. The later was on my last 4 UAs. Antibiotic after antibiotic and resistance began to build up. Cut the sob story to this February... So I tried the protocol suggested on this website (after reading all the information on it and checking with other sites. I was able to buy all 4 pills and oil on Amazon, but I also purchased the author of the website's probiotic and his hydrolytic enzymes (Profaze and Biofaze respectively).

So I followed the protocol and on about the 12th day my urine started getting cloudy and my shoulders started hurting (tale-tale signs of a UTI brewing for me). I soldiered on in with the protocol, but here is where it gets a little dicey for me and hopefully not you. My doctor retired the month before and his replacement had not yet taken over. (In retrospect, absolute horrible timing on my part to try this out!) So I did not have doctor able to prescribe me with antibiotics let alone the ability to get a prescription for urinary analysis. So I went to urgent care who did a good job, but either forgot to send it off for an in-depth test or simply did not follow through on my request. This led to a full-blown UTI. It was the final four days of the protocol and I began to get pretty sick. This was on February 24. I was able to get an appointment with my new doctor on March 7. Levofloxacin came into play, which I had previously been resistant to, but it was able to (in my opinion) finish off what the protocol started.

It has only been a little over a month, but I have been symptom and UTI free the whole time. Color is back in my face and my energy levels are at an all time high. I do not know if it is placebo or what, but I feel better than I have in a very long time and thought I would pass on the link to the website just in case there was something there.

The webpage with protocol is: http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com...lbacteria.html

NOTE: I am not affiliated with the website nor am I a doctor so please consult yours before trying any of this!

I have not had a functional bladder since 2009. The best thing I have found for myself is making sure I empty my bladder. I can forget. I don't have sensation and don't realize it is overfull. At one point I had all kinds of problems. Now, since 2015, my body also freaks out in weird ways, so I set alarms, so I don't let my bladder get too full. I have not had a UTI since.

I do and have taken vitamins etc. Can't prove whether it contributes or not.

I will say though, since I have been taking a pre/probiotic I have been healthier both urinary and in regards to yeast. For some reason, I never had yeast problems until after 2015 which is when I lovingly say my transformer blew and thus my body had a power outage.

anyway, seems prevention is as unique as people.
    Systemic autoimmune more in the family of Lupus (if NMO and Lupus had a baby, you would have me); Art, Poetry, and the Great Outdoors; these are my passions. My motto: Paint much love, always ~ Connie