Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes for avoiding UTI's

Thanks, yes, I sometimes do have malaise, chills and increased spasticity but it might be because of bed sore.
    Well, I didn't take any probiotics and I prefer natural resources like curd etc. Cranberry is not very common here. Last month, I came to know cranberry pills are launched. Let me check it. Anything else which might help me...

Regards

Originally Posted by coffeegirlct View Post
    If you are using Cream of Tartar for a UTI, the usual dosage is 1/4 teaspoon. It can be taken by many different ways.

1. placed directly on tongue followed by a min. of 8 oz of water
    2. mixed into small (about 4oz) of water, followed by 8 oz of water
    3. taken in capsul (size 0 capsul holds 1000 mg or 1/4 tsp) with 8 oz of water

If you take it at first sign of infection, one dose usually works, however if one dose doesn't work you should not take more then 4 doses (1 full tsp) in a day.

It is a form of sodium and should not be over used.

After initial infection is gone it can be taken once or twice a day to help prevent re-infection.

I am not a doctor, but I am an herbalist. I have used this my whole life because I am extremely prone to UTI's due to a birth defect.

Quote Originally Posted by Somu Dubay View Post
    Thanks, yes, I sometimes do have malaise, chills and increased spasticity but it might be because of bed sore.
    Well, I didn't take any probiotics and I prefer natural resources like curd etc. Cranberry is not very common here. Last month, I came to know cranberry pills are launched. Let me check it. Anything else which might help me...

Regards
    And the truth shall set you free.

Are there any other potential drawbacks to using the cream of tartar on a regular (1/4 teaspoon twice a day) basis?

Thanks a lot. Hope, it would work in my case too.Regards

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    Originally Posted by coffeegirlct View Post
    If you are using Cream of Tartar for a UTI, the usual dosage is 1/4 teaspoon. It can be taken by many different ways.

1. placed directly on tongue followed by a min. of 8 oz of water
    2. mixed into small (about 4oz) of water, followed by 8 oz of water
    3. taken in capsul (size 0 capsul holds 1000 mg or 1/4 tsp) with 8 oz of water

If you take it at first sign of infection, one dose usually works, however if one dose doesn't work you should not take more then 4 doses (1 full tsp) in a day.

It is a form of sodium and should not be over used.

After initial infection is gone it can be taken once or twice a day to help prevent re-infection.

I am not a doctor, but I am an herbalist. I have used this my whole life because I am extremely prone to UTI's due to a birth defect.
    I have not used Cream of Tarter. When I get my next UTI I will.I went for almost 3 years with UTIs almost every other month.No fever but so tired I didn't get out of bed.Then an AB neighbor suggested Cranberry pills from Trader Joe's.(cranberry extract+500mg Vit C). These 2x a day helped.But still UTIs 3or 4 times a year.

Then,through internet surfing,I read about D-Mannose.I shopped around and found a product with 1,000mg D-Mannose plus 400mg Cranberry extract and only 30mg Vit C.

I started taking this,1x a day, after "clearing" my infection with antibiotics in Feb. this year. I have not had a UTI since.

I have previously praised Creme of Tartar as it cured my continual UTI's. However, I felt I ought to share what happened next... I ended up with very frequent diarrhoea - I don't really know the cause - and I wonder if taking creme of tartar was bad for my digestive tract. I honestly don't know enough about it - but I feel i should mention the possibility of COT causing problems. However, I will probably still use it occasionally when I need to.

Hi all. This is my first post. I've been here for 2-3 days. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that contributes to this thread. I get UTI very often and all the tips here and reports of YEARS without an UTI give me hope.

Have a good day.

so i'm blowing it by taking 1 macrobid daily

I am 5 yrs post sci. Did the crede method for 3 yrs until prolapsed uterus.
    Gross, something urologist didn't tell me in rehab. I now have been cathing for over 2 yrs, clean one each time, glove, disinfectant, but still get UTI if i don't take the generic for macrobid daily. My urine will be cloudy in 2 days.
    I have the hippex, didn't help, used D-mannose, drink a lot of water, (did someone say beer was bad) one in the evenings? if so, i'll quit, i tried apple vinegar faithfully in my water, nothing kept them away. But.... now that i see there is a prescription i can get for the acid, and find the others at CVS, i'm going to give that a try. SCI nurse kind of gave me a wake up call about using the crede for so long. Have i damaged my kidneys? I don't have a urologist, tried 4 pathetic ones that wasted my insurance. Sure hope the cocktail of healthy method helps me when i get on it.

I IC daily. Used to get UTI's alot. Was put on Bactrim once daily for about 6-7 yrs and never had a problem. Dr says I am probably immune to it and have some other bug keeping me clean. But he said if it works, don't mess with it.

I used to use Ditropan 2x daily but quit it due to it making me a zombie at work. Had problems after that with leaking until I started the Bactrim.

Now some may think I am nuts but here goes. I stopped Bactrim Feb. 1 just because I forgot to take it for a few days, I did that alot. I started using honey for all sweeting around Nov.

Now I don't know what is going on but I have had clear urine since. I attribute it to the honey (that's the nuts part).

Of course now that I talked about it the next time I piss it will be cloudy and stinky.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post

2 Uroquid Acid (50/50) x2 daily (morning and bedtime)
    2 Green Source multivitamins x2 daily (morning and bedtime)
    2 CVS Brand Max Cranberry x2 daily (morning and bedtime)
    1 1000 mg time release Vitamin C (morning)
    What is this Green Source multivitamin? Guess I'll google it.

Mainly wanted to keep this thread in my subscribed group. It's a good topic even it it differs from person to person.