Thread: blister on my butt

blister on my butt

I have a blister on my butt. What should I do? How should I treat it? Has anyone had one before? Could it cause a wound?
    I was injured 2 weeks after my 16th birthday on June 14th, 2004. My level of injury is C5 complete, but I can move my wrist.

My screen name comes from the movie The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Do you know what caused the blister?

I'm not sure. The only thing I can think of is that the gel in my 3 year old cushion is wearing out. Or maybe my boxers were crooked one day. 15 years and I've never had a blister on my butt before. I have had small little red spots or scrapes, but they went away as long as I did my weight shifts every 15 minutes. I'm wondering if I can get by like it with this, or if it is more serious.
    I was injured 2 weeks after my 16th birthday on June 14th, 2004. My level of injury is C5 complete, but I can move my wrist.

My screen name comes from the movie The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Where on your butt? Pressure? Burn? Can you post a photo or send one to the SCI-Nurse e-mail (not PMs)? A blister is a wound, although not necessarily a pressure injury.

Regardless, don't sit on it at all until it is resolved if it is on a seating surface.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.