Thread: anyone try this thing?

anyone try this thing?

No but I've often wondered why this type of headset-based 3D device has never caught on for gaming in general. 640x480 resolution is pretty low but some headsets have higher resolution. Some even have micro-gyroscopes to detect head movement and pan the view accordingly. Seems like it would be great for flight simulators.

there were always something bad about previous gear. too pricey, too bulky, bad resolution, lagging results.

this one makes over 1,000 calculations per second, 2 gyro systems that work together, high resoultion, and cost $400....we might have a winner.

Remeber Zero, 640X480 is decent when the screens 2 inches.

I think alot of these things are viewed as toys and not real hardware. Remember the VR from '97ish

i think vr is finally making a move. i wont be buying the current version because i have vista 64 and a gtx card. the current vr hardware was built off old technology. however i'm looking forward to the next version. they will most likely fixed the flaws this version.

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    Remeber Zero, 640X480 is decent when the screens 2 inches.
    According to the site, your eyes focus the same as if you are looking at a 62" diagonal flat screen display that is 9 feet away. This sounds the same as an old VGA projector onto a 62" screen. At that distance, a VGA image is going to look like it is constructed with Legos.

I've never had the opportunity to try one of these things out though, so I can't really guess what the experience would be like.

I don't need 3D - I just want something that I can wear while on the Nustep in the gym so I can read ebooks! Thes look great but beyond my requirements.