Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bathroom sink renovation, what did you do?

The shot of the shower entrance with rounded glass block wall shows where form and function meet. It's just beautiful with easy access. Must be great to use it.

I have a wall mounted sink roll underneat and a cabinet beside in kitchen we just cut out the floor board and roll underneath of it

Full floating double sink accessible vanity

I put this project off for years and finally got ambitious enough to go ahead and do it. I had a purely functional vanity in my master bath for a long time, but wanted to come with something that functioned well for anyone without looking like it was intended for wheelchair users. Sacrificed alot of storage to do it, but I'm really pleased with the result. All the heights and clearances meet ADA recommendations.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rebuilt the shower stall as well

The shower stall now has a fixed head and wand. A diverter valve allows either to be used individually or both at the same time. The main valve has some scald prevention features. All Delta fixtures in brushed nickel. Porcelain tile.

Nicely Done!
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

This our master bathroom sink design. Found these sinks on line and really like them. They stick out from the counter and the front slants back, making them easy to get under. Kind of a farmhouse look, but easier to get under. Drain is at the back of the sink instead of in the middle like most sinks. Piping is covered with a removable panel and allows plenty of room for my legs. This is where I found them: http://www.worldofsinks.com/bathroom.../school-white/

Quote Originally Posted by dragon fly View Post
    The shot of the shower entrance with rounded glass block wall shows where form and function meet. It's just beautiful with easy access. Must be great to use it.
    Speaking of form and function, we lived in the upstairs for a year while the downstairs master bedroom and bath were in process.
    Up there, the toilet is between the glass wall of the roll in shower and a short petition that separates it from the sink and countertop.
    We found a tiny bar sink and mounted it to the petition. I don't know about everyone else, but when I was doing BPs, a sink within useful reach was a necessity!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Totally, if i ever get to design my own bathroom, that is a must.. a sink that you can use while you're on the pot.. need like a separate sluice type sink for washing up all the nasty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    Speaking of form and function, we lived in the upstairs for a year while the downstairs master bedroom and bath were in process.
    Up there, the toilet is between the glass wall of the roll in shower and a short petition that separates it from the sink and countertop.
    We found a tiny bar sink and mounted it to the petition. I don't know about everyone else, but when I was doing BPs, a sink within useful reach was a necessity!

I totally agree about having a sink within reach. I have sink and tub situated on each side of my toilet. The shower sprayer reaches the toilet so I use it like a bidet.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon fly View Post
    We goofed on one thing: we should have put another grab bar on the left of the right seat (the one I sit on). A couple of times I've screwed the transfer back to the wheelchair and something with purchase I could grab would have saved some grief!
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ