Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bathroom sink renovation, what did you do?

Name:  rsz_img_0532.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  88.0 KBName:  rsz_img_0531.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  73.5 KB
    And on the wife's side, we made this roll-in shower with double fold-down shower benches that become a platform; I transfer onto the right one, rotate so legs are on the end of it, flip down the left bench, then lift my legs up and onto the platform created. Very easy to attend to my limp limbs, etc.
    There is a slight pitch to the central drain-no need for a trench drain here. Virtually no water reaches the bathroom floor or the footrest of my chair, parked just within my reach.

EDIT: PS-I give up on trying to post so photos appear in the post naturally. I hope everyone can see the photos in ALL above links. If not, please so state. Most of the linked photos, etc in this draw blanks on my machine.
    Also, when I post a single photo, it shows as an image on the post, but not much later becomes a link as all above. Frustrating.
    Last edited by pfcs49; 05-12-2014 at 12:40 PM.

I get all of your pics, PFCS, which is better than I'm doing. I like your bath except the aquarium. Now if you could have built it into the glass wall..wow! But realistically I know all about cleaning them so not feasible. I do like the farm house sink. Great idea! Sink area is important and so is depth. For most regular sinks you get more sink top room and slightly deeper sink depth by undermounting a sink. Our designer had to talk me into doing this and it definitely helps stop the elbow run off.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    I get all of your pics, PFCS, which is better than I'm doing. I like your bath except the aquarium. Now if you could have built it into the glass wall..wow! But realistically I know all about cleaning them so not feasible. I do like the farm house sink. Great idea! Sink area is important and so is depth. For most regular sinks you get more sink top room and slightly deeper sink depth by undermounting a sink. Our designer had to talk me into doing this and it definitely helps stop the elbow run off.
    the tank is a concession to my wife! I already have a 240g and a 30g in our main social space and wanted to find somewhere to stick a 5g to breed shrimp. It's actually pretty cool in there; I end my day watching that little community and ignore the talking heads on my little TV!

Quote Originally Posted by pfcs49 View Post
    the tank is a concession to my wife! I already have a 240g and a 30g in our main social space and wanted to find somewhere to stick a 5g to breed shrimp. It's actually pretty cool in there; I end my day watching that little community and ignore the talking heads on my little TV!
    Then you and I both forgot something. A platform and any necessary wiring for you to showcase your aquarium and me a small TV. I could have found a book open platform like are used when cooking to keep your cookbook open and strung in cable or just wifi and a Netflix account. I can't see what is directly across from the toilet but if it's open space a welder, an older wrought iron planter meant for outside, a bit of imagination and a great powder coat paint job in a metalic or color matched to a tile would look awesome as an aquarium stand.

Is your 240 gal a salt water?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Freshwater.
    Name:  IMG_0431.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  137.0 KB
    this is how it looked early on after I set it up in 2009:

Name:  Fishtank 001.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  289.0 KB
    Last edited by pfcs49; 05-14-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Very nice! I know the neon and cardinal tetras, what looks like a kissing fish or two, an angel but I've never seen the blue and yelllows before. And the front center bottom of a home tank is where zebra fish belong!

BTW, love what I can see of your home. Any shots of your kitchen for a new thread? We need to raise the vent hood in ours before my husband gives himself a lobotomy. And I'd like to lower the microwave and maybe raise the oven.

OK. Now that I can post photos again, I'll post it up soon. FYI, directly behind the tank is the stairway, then the elevator. And underneath the transverse beam in the ceiling is the beginning of the kitchen area; the pot rack is seen over the first visible tread of the stairs.
    The blue and yellows are Rainbow ?xxx?. I got 7 of them when they were <2" and wondered how big they would get. Well a couple are now huge @4.5" and I think my Neon Tetra school is dwindling. Hmmm??
    When we went to an aquarium in LA recently, there was some kind of biotype tank with the rainbows and archer fish; the rainbows were ~6"! I think it's time to re-home them.

Think about a pedistal sink inexpensive but no storage underneath. Depending on how your house plumbing was routed it will fit right in with nothing to do but install it.

I found this info helpful, and my installation is very similar:
    http://www.disabledbathrooms.org/handicap-sink.html

We have wall hung sink after 1st remodel had pedestal sink - we kept bumping into pedestal.
    Something we find very useful, since there's no storage at the sink, is a 3 drawer cabinet on wheels. Ours is a cheapie but I've seen them in wood, and some could be customized by adding wheels.
    Give some thought to the height of your sink - hard to avoid water dripping down your arm as you wash up while sitting in a wheelchair.