Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Quad] need advice on first driving vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Brino
    Scott,
    Can the hardtop be removed without pulling off the cage?
    I don't run a hard top b/c my modifications altered the roofline. It would've cost me upwards of $3-4k to have a custom hard top molded & fabricated. If I did have one, yeah, the exocage was designed so it could slide straight out the back (vs. lifting a top straight up). I'd have to cut two little non-structural tubes off first, but it'd work. The soft top can be removed.

Scott,

What top is on that TJ? Is that a custom built top?

Pattherat... +1 on the Poison Spyder gear!

Those Jeeps look great!!!

Mine is an LJ, actually. The top is semi-custom. I'm using the stock door surrounds & windows, but the main section was modified using the original top + parts of another TJ top + some extra material from an upholstery shop.

If you're referring to the cage, it's 100% custom, welded to 3/16" comp corners from BlueTorch w/ some internal tie-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    Mine is an LJ, actually. The top is semi-custom. I'm using the stock door surrounds & windows, but the main section was modified using the original top + parts of another TJ top + some extra material from an upholstery shop.

If you're referring to the cage, it's 100% custom, welded to 3/16" comp corners from BlueTorch w/ some internal tie-ins.
    It has that "Land Rover" look... very nice, great looking Jeep! ...sorry so off topic, gimme a break I'm newb

C5C6, I'm not sure if you've seen this company.

http://www.further-options.com/