Thread: Dragon Google Firefox issue

Dragon Google Firefox issue

Is there any reason why when using Mozilla Firefox, Dragon NaturallySpeaking won't work in any field such as in Google and this forum? I have actually had the write the message in DragonPad and then copy and paste it

which versions of Dragon and Firefox are you using?
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

dragon seems to be working on here now, it won't work on Google although. I am using Dragon version 9 and I would assume I am using the latest version of Firefox

I think Google uses some type of flash interface, which Dragon doesn't work with.

Yes, I've run into this problem too. It's annoying, but that's what MouseGrid is for.
    4/6/97, car accident, C5. http://raccoon-kathleen.blogspot.com/

Firefox is not officially supported by Dragon, that may be why you're having some problems. Mine works just fine but every computer is different. Are you trying to search from the Google homepage or the Google search bar extension? Either way, I don't really know. Try contacting nuance and see what they say.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

it sounds like what he's talking about is actually two different things: Firefox, and Google.

I've noticed, while using Firefox, that you have to say the entire link for it to activate, rather than just one or two words, as in IE or Sea Monkey. There are other little quirks for Dragon in dealing with browsers.

Dealing with Google, as in, for instance, Gmail, has to do with the webpage itself. I know that when I'm loading a page in Gmail, the icon on the toolbar doesn't show that anything is happening. There is, however, a notice on the page itself that something is going on.

That's what I mean when I'm calling it a "flash" type of problem, because the same thing happens on shockwave designed pages. Also, vocal links don't work on flash pages; you actually have to click on the link with the mouse (whether it's a vocal mouse or not doesn't matter).
    4/6/97, car accident, C5. http://raccoon-kathleen.blogspot.com/

it has actually been workin okay this evening