Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I'm really nervous about getting a bladder augmentation

It's snowing in Jerusalem which means it's a snow day and buses aren't running. The city is shut down. I see some cars out there. I hope I'll be able to get to the hospital. For a Canadian, this is a big joke! It is blowing snow so maybe it is a little nasty. Very slushy.

Last night it snowed a trickle and the hospital announced on the PA system that it was snowing and visitors should leave the hospital!

Quote Originally Posted by ProudMom
    It's snowing in Jerusalem which means it's a snow day and buses aren't running. The city is shut down. I see some cars out there. I hope I'll be able to get to the hospital. For a Canadian, this is a big joke! It is blowing snow so maybe it is a little nasty. Very slushy.

Last night it snowed a trickle and the hospital announced on the PA system that it was snowing and visitors should leave the hospital!
    I wish I could be in Yerushalayim when it's snowing. I'm sorry that such circumstances bring you to eretz yisroel right now though.

Remember, you're not a Canadian but an Israelite. You are an exile in Canada...Israel belongs to you..

Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitshome
    I wish I could be in Yerushalayim when it's snowing. I'm sorry that such circumstances bring you to eretz yisroel right now though.

Remember, you're not a Canadian but an Israelite. You are an exile in Canada...Israel belongs to you..
    Oh, for God's sake! She's worried about getting to the hospital to see her daughter and you want to push your ideology onto her? You need to live and let live a little, man. Don't take everything someone says so literally and pick it apart to reiterate an ideology.

Hey ProudMom, I hope you and Mimi have made progress towards her going home. Let her know please that we are thinking of her.
    I hope the snow doesn't keep her in the hospital.

smuggle a snow ball in for her she might injoy the idea of wanting to throw it at some one. (got to be a kid some times)

I looked up Jerusalem on WeatherUnderground, and was suprised to see they don't have an official airport station. There was a personal weather station, and WOW was it WINDY and wet over there! Snow per se isn't that uncommon but 60 MPH wind gusts? Pretty funny they said you should leave the hospital.....seems like it should be the other way 'round - 'hey come on in, have some hot chocolate or coffee and chit chat in a cozy waiting room'

Where's that Canadian humor story about the cold when you need it?

BTW, continued best wishes for Mimi, keep getting better!

Tom

Wish her a happy birthday for me. Hope she's one day better. And it could be worse weatherwise. When I was 23 in January I was in a small town in the middle of nowhere west Texas. Windy, very cold but rarely any snow. It's always fun to watch people who aren't used to it drive in an inch of snow. If Mimi must be in the hospital better during bad weather than miss the sunny days of spring and summer.

Sue who learned to drive in Wisconsin.
    Last edited by Sue Pendleton; 01-31-2008 at 07:36 PM.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitshome

Sean,
    This kind of stuff really belongs in Life or, better, Politics. If she's carrying a Canadian passport by choice then she's a Canadian who is Jewish. And very welcome here on CareCure.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Hey guys,

This is my first post. I just had the surgery done after reading up on it and learning about it here. If you would like more information about exactly what it feels like and everything from my standpoint, let me know stowecr@hotmail.com. My surgery has gone well. I am a T5 complete but I don't know what yours is. The thing I hate the most about the recovery is that I am not allowed to lift myself, which to a para is everything. I can't stretch or crunch my abs. So I have to let my husband do everything. From moving me around, lifting me to couch or bed, and adjusting me. Its a pain but they said that it was mainly gonna be like this for the first 2-3 weeks. I keep telling myself that its gonna be over and its gonna give me a lot of freedom which I grave. Going to the bathroom or transporting to the toilet was the worst in public cause I needed my husband. I just hit my one year anniversary of being in a chair today. Its a little upsetting cause I was pretty athletic before, still am, its amazing the support thats out there and willing to pay for stuff to make you more independent, I ran lots of marathons and was a staff sergeant in the Marine Corps. I'm still trying to get over the fact that I'm not gonna be in the Corps anymore. I have to watch my husband do all the stuff military-wise that I was gonna do. Grrr. But I do get to do anything I want work wise. I just need to get myself more independent so I can do it alone. Anyways, sorry to vent. Its nice to discuss with someone who has been through what I have. Please write back cause I need the support from some other para's or disableds. But seriously, I just had the surgery a week ago so any help I can provide is given!

Mimi is off the IV. She ate pretty well today, considering. Still sweating in the neck area, on one side only, until right below the collar bone. It's not AD as she feels relatively fine. We're waiting for the neurologist to visit.

Last night was the first night she slept well since the surgery.
    ProudMom,

I'm so happy to hear Mimin is slowly feeling better! That is awesome news. I just wanted to add that neck sweating can definitely be AD regardless of whether Mimin feels fine or not - I get it all the time!

If some of Mimin's abdominal pain is below her lesion level it could be a trigger of the sweating. I also notice sometimes that the sweating is heavier on one side of my neck than the other. When I sweat I generally feel fine, but I know there's always an AD trigger.

Chris.
    Last edited by Zeus; 02-03-2008 at 05:16 AM.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber