Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Depression

Depression

Yeah, its setting in and I can sense it progressing. Bad thoughts, feeling worthless, hating everything and most people, and the phrase "fuck it" is about the only thing I want to say. How come I know what the problem is but cant seem to get it under contol. Im not the one to moan and groan often but theres some shit in my life that just wont work itself out and im not in the right mind to deal with it and that worries me for many reasons.

Feeling like a burden has become the norm and im not fucking diggin on it much.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Starting to feel a lot like Christmas.....

Me too. If I see one more damn "Pajamas.com" commercial... send the special woman in your life some PJs or lingerie in the fancy hatbox.... I'm gonna slit my throat! Or another BMW commercial... like everyone can afford a Beemer or two.

I hate Christmas and all the damn commercials and even hate receiving Christmas cards. I feel obligated to send one back in return but won't. Hey, if they don't get the idea after 28 years I guess they won't.

I'm depressed too. I think it's the 800mgs of gabapentin 4 times a day but what choice do I have? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Fuck it.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

I also feel the sameway. I really do think it's the holidays & cold weather that brings it on for me. This injury really does SUCK, I FUCKING HATE LIVING IN THIS WHEELCHAIR!!!!!!!
    Now some asshole will post that comment "if you hate being in this wheelchair, then get off your ass and start promoting a cure".

I wish I had an answer for you about depression, but the only thing I can tell you is try to keep yourself busy so you don't think about it. Even if it's playing video games, playing poker online, or anything you enjoy doing in the wheelchair.
    Wish you luck my friend and keep your head up!!

Quote Originally Posted by danielgr
    Now some asshole will post that comment "if you hate being in this wheelchair, then get off your ass and start promoting a cure".
    C'mon guys ... "Turn That Frown Upside Down!" ... sorry bad joke.

I hope you all survive the holidays.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Sun, or if none, just outside in fresh air.
    Any Christmas cards you could send to someone worth remembering?
    Any Christmas specials to watch with kids. (I enjoyed watching with my niece)
    Plan of action-how can 2008 be better than 2007? (or at least less stressful)

I'm fighting it too.

Good luck!

........santa is on the way.........lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O91RZQmPZw0
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs
    Yeah, its setting in and I can sense it progressing. Bad thoughts, feeling worthless, hating everything and most people, and the phrase "fuck it" is about the only thing I want to say. How come I know what the problem is but cant seem to get it under contol. Im not the one to moan and groan often but theres some shit in my life that just wont work itself out and im not in the right mind to deal with it and that worries me for many reasons.

Feeling like a burden has become the norm and im not fucking diggin on it much.
    It's like looking at yourself from outside, right?

Don't know what to tell ya, but you know you've always got us to listen!

I'm depressed. Pains still getting worse, curve and balance getting worse, ability to function decreasing. What's to be happy about? Life sucks. And medication won't change that, unless it relieves pain, and I've tried every damn thing with no success.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Go see a psychologist or even a psychiatrist. Counseling may be the only thing you need if you're in a periodical low state. You could vent in counseling and be given immediate feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs
    How come I know what the problem is but cant seem to get it under contol.
    Your brain is chemical soup (as my endocrinologist tells me). Depression is an imbalance of body chemistry. Asking why you can't just "get it under control" is like asking why you can't walk, let alone why you can't walk in a straight line after drinking a fifth of vodka.

That is not to say that your depression is not something that can be managed. As someone else suggested, counseling could be quite beneficial and it's possible that an anti-depressant is something you should discuss with a qualified doctor. You need to look on this like you would any other medical condition and treat it accordingly. Don't beat yourself up for not being able to fix this on your own. Nobody expects anyone to just buck up and get over cancer. Why should depression be any different?

C.