Thread: Best Demonstration of a Moebius Transformation I've Seen...

Best Demonstration of a Moebius Transformation I've Seen...

No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

wow... it is amazing. wise.

I agree. I have a final on tuesday and have been up all night cramming, when I stubled upon a perfect visual of what my professor has been trying to demonstrate to use complex equations. I wonder how I am going to use some of this math for economics, but once in a while I stumble upon something of a treasure like this, which makes it all worth it.
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden
    I agree. I have a final on tuesday and have been up all night cramming, when I stubled upon a perfect visual of what my professor has been trying to demonstrate to use complex equations. I wonder how I am going to use some of this math for economics, but once in a while I stumble upon something of a treasure like this, which makes it all worth it.
    I am not sure of the application but one way that I was thinking of was that the manipulations of the grid (stretching it...) is really just doing mathematical operations. For example, the initial 2D operation of doing a circular stretch of is just a mathematical operation and, instead of squares, one gets these oval shapes that change their proximity to each other. The fact that this can be done in three D simply by rotating the sphere is amazing. It allows the boing donw of descriptions of apparently complex relationships into a single rotatory action of a cube. Now, all you need to do is to find an economic situation that fits this kind of stretching and shaping. It could be recursive and you would have a very efficient engine for describing multidimensional aspects of the economic situation.

Wise.