Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blogger vs Wordpress

Quote Originally Posted by dan_nc
    Godaddy's domain-by-proxy services maintains "absolute right and power, in its sole discretion and without any liability" to reveal your personal information to whomever they choose.
    yes that is what i thought, they push the additional service as a privacy safeguard from stalkers etc but in their contract they state the opposite. sounds like false advertising to me, i could understand with a subpoena's, but any jerk is enabled to get the contact billing info info., why am i apying for this service?
    what i am planning on doing is a blog, using wordpress as software with hosting with godaddy initially
    as i learn more i am sure i will move off go daddy next year, already been sucked into go daddy hosting i think? maybe i should just forego their free webhosting packabe with domain name? i didn't realize it was ad supported .
    i am not sure how to do this, but i registered a couple domain that i want to use with all the same viewer information, if you click on number1website.com or numberonewebsite.com or number1website.org the viewer would see the same blog, is this called redirecting?
    i don't think there will be much data stored on the webpages , since it will ba a blog with links to u tube and other news articles
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by dan_nc
    Whoa that totally bites, Scott. Any unscheduled outage is unacceptable and a full day of downtime is outrageous! It is too bad, because 1and1 pricing seemed quite competitive and all my coworkers seemed pretty happy with the service. I'll have to check out Eleven2.
    1and1 is big enough that their equipment and datacenters are top notch for what they offer, and service is typially good. Downside is that the size of the company diminishes the quality of support & customer relations.

Eleven2 is run by a handful of guys outside of Houston & they know their stuff. Pricing & service is equally as competitive, if not better. Give 'em a look.

Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy
    what i am planning on doing is a blog, using wordpress as software with hosting with godaddy initially
    here mike, since i'm pimping these guys anyway, read: http://www.eleven2.com/hosting/blogging/

godaddy has a great domain management system. if you choose to host elsewhere, all you have to do is change the nameservers associated with whichever domain.

what have you paid for w/ godaddy so far?

Sorry to get OT. Wordpress vs. Blogger? I run Wordpress on several sites. I don't use Blogger. Both are good & super easy to manage. You can do much more with Wordpress.

Two WP sites I've set up:

http://grants.cureadvocacy.com/ (joint effort w/ Steven)
    http://www.beautyability.com/2.0/ (Tiffiny/Theophania's site)

There are others too, but unrelated to anything here on CC. OJ, if you want a copy of WP to play with prior to signing on w/ a host, PM me.

i am not sure how to do this, but i registered a couple domain that i want to use with all the same viewer information, if you click on number1website.com or numberonewebsite.com or number1website.org the viewer would see the same blog, is this called redirecting?
    Godaddy has features with the functionality you are describing. You can use "Domain Forwarding" and "Masking" OR you could do html redirection using meta http-equiv tags.
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by petertan
    Orangejello,
    When you are ready to host your own blog running on WordPress, just give me a holler. Will assist if needed. Have fun!
    Thanks Peter I appreciate it

And thank you too Scott. I will send you a PM

ok i have histign enabl ein go daddy for word press, but this point i catn gwt htouhjg.
    is wordpress a program that you can open up and run on your computer and than upload the blog to your host?
    i am spending all this time ttryin gto read thorough th eword press instructions, but i havent even started workin gon th eblog.
    i may have to go tfree version of wordpress hosted by them of blogger first.
    i though word press was a program like word where you fet evething set up oj your computer and than upload it to your host
    cauda equina

ok i have histign enabl ein go daddy for word press, but this point i catn gwt htouhjg.
    is wordpress a program that you can open up and run on your computer and than upload the blog to your host?
    i am spending all this time ttryin gto read thorough th eword press instructions, but i havent even started workin gon th eblog.
    i may have to go tfree version of wordpress hosted by them of blogger first.
    i though word press was a program like word where you fet evething set up oj your computer and than upload it to your host
    Mike, wordpress is an application that you run from your webbrowser on your webhost. When you set it up in godaddy, you should have set up password and admin account. You then go to your wordpress site and you have access to an administrator panel where you can add posts, moderate comments, etc.
    Daniel

thanks , i thought it was a like a website builder , that was my last try into the web world years ago.
    i n the mean time i started with the wordpress site so i could get some info out and link to it , i still need to learn how to add links to articles i find that i want to high light.
    since go daddy free hosting with domain names reg is ad supported i may look at just building it else place, but i first need to look at what i have paid go daddy for , so i don't screw my self
    http://stopdangerousdriving.wordpress.com/
    cauda equina

thanks , i thought it was a like a website builder , that was my last try into the web world years ago.
    i n the mean time i started with the wordpress site so i could get some info out and link to it , i still need to learn how to add links to articles i find that i want to high light.
    since go daddy free hosting with domain names reg is ad supported i may look at just building it else place, but i first need to look at what i have paid go daddy for , so i don't screw my self
    http://stopdangerousdriving.wordpress.com/
    Sorry I think I probably added to your confusion nycguy because I myself was very unclear about some of the differences between the free Wordpress blog service and the stand alone Wordpress product when I started the thread. I also was mixing up Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org thinking they were the same thing when they aren't.

The replies in this thread were very helpful in clearning up my confusion.

Good luck with your project mike.