Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPod, cheapest?

IPod, cheapest?

I am so wanting to get an iPod but man those things can get expensive. All I am really wanting it for is in music and radio reception would be nice. Where is the cheapest most reliable place to purchase one of these or something similar. I just need to make sure I can get to the buttons with these quad paws.

Any suggestions?

Why An Ipod? Theres plenty of perfectly suited mp3 players, and they don't restrct you like Apple does. Plus they're way cheaper.

Doesn't have to be an iPod, it's just the ones that I see most common. I really don't care what it is as long as it's reliable. Maybe I need to do a lot more research.

Hello Heath:

The iPods do not come with a built-in FM tuner. The iPod Shuffle is the cheapest MP3 device that Apple makes. I have heard good things about the iriver which does have a built-in FM tuner. I did a Google Product Search (used to be Froogle) to get a price check on the iriver.

Last edited by PN; 12-16-2007 at 09:59 PM.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

The Creative Zen is about as cheap as it gets for a reliable MP3 player according to PC mag. I am not sure if it is quad friendly.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I have a Sony Walkman MP3 player that came equipted with a FM tuner. Very reliable and long lasting rechargable battery. Paid under $60.00 for it about a year ago. Bet they are even cheaper now. You should check online prices. I frequently use Amazon.com for electronics and have found them to be very competitive.
    mike

iPods will arguably be the most user-friendly & easiest to update, if you're willing to use iTunes.

how much music are we talking here?

Sandisk has several Sansa models that retail for under $100 and have fm tuner along with decent sized storage for mp3s.
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    iPods will arguably be the most user-friendly & easiest to update, if you're willing to use iTunes.

how much music are we talking here?
    Right now approximately a thousand songs. But that is always going to continue to grow. I purchased a creative zen for my daughters Christmas. Not really sure if I can use that one or not.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will be looking into each of those.

I can handle my iPod (Nano 2g), but I have trouble turning it off. Still.

In talking with a friend of mine (also a quad, a level up from me), it seems an iPhone is much more quad paw friendly and can serve as my cell and iPod. He's going to talk me through setting it up after the first of the year. The iPhone may be easier for paws and claws, but harder on the wallet.