Thread: Friend And I keep getting UTI's

Red face Friend And I keep getting UTI's

My friend Big Brad... have the exact same injury level T-12 and we keep getting weird UTI's. Our Docs, same practice keep giving us meds, and they go away and then come back. We both experienced when we move to try to get off the bed onto our chairs, the pressure causes leaking. Obviously the pressure is triggering spasms. Question: Do the spasms always indicate a new UTI??/ Seems like that's the giveaway that we have UTI... Spasms??? Any thoughts???
    Mike (Florida)

Cant we get 1 do over?

stop sharing caths.... :-)
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Your bladder could just be full. Position changes cause some spasms in me, if my bladder was full that combined with the bending and pulling of getting up could cause a leak. I check my bladder before doing such things so I don't have to worry about it.

I have found these symptoms when I have a UTI (which is very rare): more spasms, fever, chills, dizziness, urine that smells like garlic, cloudy urine, having to pee a lot and small amounts, abdomen pain.

What kind of catheters do you use, Mike, and how often do you catheterize?

Hi,

Spasms may be one indication of a UTI but those alone would not directly suggest UTI. I agree with those above. If you search UTI in this forum you will see that there should be both a positive urine culture, elevated white blood cell count and other symptoms such as fever, spasms,etc before treating a UTI.

AAD

Urodynamics, Uroquid Acid prescription and CVS Max Cranberry pills!!!!