Thread: New back, Jay Xtreme, Roho jetstrea...?

New back, Jay Xtreme, Roho jetstrea...?

Looking for a new back for my Quickie revolution, just demo'd the Roho Jetsream 10" but I can't mount it as low as I want due to my rigidizer bar being in the way. Might try the Xtreme next. Anyone have any thoughts on a low profile back, doesn't need to come off, as long as my back will still fold, must be lightweight.
    thanks

I never cared for the Jay Xtreme Back because it was difficult to mount and the padding rarely stayed in place.

The new Jay3 Series of backs comes in several heights, shapes, and levels of contour. The new mounting hardware was designed to minimize any loss of seat depth and reduce problems which can be encountered by the location of the backrest rigidizing bar, other backrest hardware, or differences in tubing diameters.

I have no firsthand experience with them as of yet, but my Sunrise rep will be coming in soon to give an inservice and will hopefully leave some demo units. You can find out more by going to the new Jay3 website:

http://j3.sunrisemedical.com

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR
    I never cared for the Jay Xtreme Back because it was difficult to mount and the padding rarely stayed in place.

The new Jay3 Series of backs comes in several heights, shapes, and levels of contour. The new mounting hardware was designed to minimize any loss of seat depth and reduce problems which can be encountered by the location of the backrest rigidizing bar, other backrest hardware, or differences in tubing diameters.

I have no firsthand experience with them as of yet, but my Sunrise rep will be coming in soon to give an inservice and will hopefully leave some demo units. You can find out more by going to the new Jay3 website:

http://j3.sunrisemedical.com
    well they obviously put some thought into it. its about time. maybe jay won't get such a bad rap anymore.

their videos really enlightened me. i have more that C posture. probly from having an ill fitted chair an jay2 back for so long. my tra is way comfortable but still having back issues. the adj. tens. feels good for a few hours but pushing around wally world for an hour or two an my back is killing me. i have a jetstream low. i can get it down to 15 high but straight up an down its pushing me forward. i have to have it at an extreme tilt to sit comfortably, that can't be good.

i blame my shepherds seating clinic, pt an dme. they just slung something at me at the last minute to get me outta there. brought my chair at closing time the afternoon before i was going home. wrong cushion, wrong back, the only thing right was the depth an color. gotta love SCI.
    Last edited by rollin64; 12-14-2007 at 03:28 PM.

hey guys , thanks so far!
    now im looking at the varilite talon. looks like a sturdy and simple mounting system... thoughts?

i was just about to suggest the talon as i think its fairly short and attaches to the rigidizer bar itself... i think. but, again if its the one im thinking about, i once met a woman who had one on her chair, and while she likes it, if some ab puts a hand on it to shove her up a ramp or something, they invariably break it. they sell them at spinlife.....