Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unbearable pain

The best one I've found is Aleve/Naproxen. That's what I take and out of all of them, seems to really help. Hope your friend Nick gets to feeling better!
    Live Every Day Like It's Your Last!

C3-C4 and T12-L1 since July 1988

Quote Originally Posted by David Berg
    Raven, if you're going to be on a NSAID for the long-term, I'd really encourage you to pick something other than Tylenol. Of all of them, I've heard the worst about that one for long-term use. There's others here who can better detail the problems that can cause, but you're better off with Motrin, Advil, or something else.
    David, I don't take Tylenol unless it is something bad that I can't tolerate. Most of the time, I just try to ignore the pains I get.since it doesn't seem to be that bad. Just occassional headaches or body aches due to colds or part of the Hep C Virus. My hepatologist said that Tylenol is the only one my liver can tolerate due to the damage it has already. He told me that the others are way too strong for me to use. Will continue to bear with my pain without any other meds if possible. Thanks for pointing this out to me, I do appreciate it too.

Nick has also just told me that he is going to attempt to not drink at all this week end. He would like to have you all to wish him luck. I tell him to take one day at a time.

Thank you firesmurf, I really think you do understand my feelings as to all this that is happening to us here. It does seem like my sister says, "if it were not for bad luck, you would not have luck" or "if it doesn't rain on you, it hails on you". I want to tell you that Nick did read your reply and paid really close attention to it. Also, I hope things for you and yours go well after all you have been through yourselves. God keep you safe and in good health always.

One thing, I would surely like to find out what or where this pain is coming from or even why. He was just telling me that he thinks his previous gf probably hexed us because he just also broke his glasses. LOL

We will keep posting and reading here for any more replies from all of you beautiful people.

Raven (Lenore)

Raven, I wish y'all lived up here...at least my cousin who owns an optical shop could fix the glasses...LOL...

This whole saga of your lives reminds me of what someone said...

"Some days you are the windshield, some days you are the bug"

sighhhhhhh...

I'm PMing Nick...so tell him to keep his eyes peeled...

Take care and God bless!

Teena

Quote Originally Posted by David Berg
    Raven, if you're going to be on a NSAID for the long-term, I'd really encourage you to pick something other than Tylenol. Of all of them, I've heard the worst about that one for long-term use. There's others here who can better detail the problems that can cause, but you're better off with Motrin, Advil, or something else.
    i take mobic, i think it is like a cox2 but safer, i also dont bleed much after a surgery with it,they all suck.
    celeberex and vioxx got pullled they worked very well, but the heart thing could ruin your day
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Nick has also just told me that he is going to attempt to not drink at all this week end. He would like to have you all to wish him luck. I tell him to take one day at a time.

Raven (Lenore)
    Best, Nick. When you feel weak, reread the previous posts. Ditto from me x10. Keep us posted.

Lightbulb just a little update

have gone from friday completely dry. its been tempting but im sticking with my meds. last night i finally too the ativan 1mg. an hour later i took my next dose of neuronten. after a while i was real calm and fell asleep for atleast 3 hrs. when i awoke the pain was all there again. i took another ativan and went to bed. after lyin there a while i fell asleep again another 4 hrs. so it
    would seem that ativan brings me some short relief. i dont know if the dose is
    too small or what not but ill find out.
    also have decided to go back to another hospital. kinda like a second opinion. my neighbor is coming today and i hope to make some arrangements with her
    about taking isis to school and picking her up after school. this way isis' mom won't start complaining about having to drive across the city to take isis to
    school, and jumping at this as an opportunity to have Isis in school over by
    Isis' moms house. one less stress off my back.
    thanks again to all of you. i can see why my mom can spend hours on these
    forums with you all

tell nick i am VERY proud of him and he is doing the right thing for himself.i think at this point he is just having ALOT to deal with and the alcohol just helps make alot of that "go away'?alcohol,unfortunetly is like that.but reality will hit and you just cannot keep yourself in a stupor your whole life ya know?i really am pulling for him and hopefully he will be okay.i just have one concern for him right now with stopping?if he has been drinking every single day,espescially if it is everclear,he could have some WDs from it.it is just like any other drug that you are on for a long period of time that your body can become dependant on too,mostly because of the action on the brain it has.just make sure you keep a close eye on him,K?

is he currently IN pain management?if not,this really should be his next step.these are just people who treat bad pain every single day,thats all they do and some are really amazing at it.there are different things he can try to manage his pain to the point where he could be able to get back some of what he has had to give up.it is always worth a good try ya know?he also really needs a solid dx of where this is actually coming from.just what tests has he had run on him and what types of docs has he actually seen so far?tell nick i am pulling for him and he is bigger than this and can do just fine without the numbing of the alcohol to cope.there ARE much better and safer ways.tho it may be hard for awhile,he IS doing the best possible thing for himself,trust me.please let us know how he is doing,K?hang in there mom.Marcia

Good job so far, Nick, stick to it. Recommend you heed the wise words of Firesmurf. I hope the Ativan gives you enough relief to get some sleep tonight. You too Raven, hang in there.

ETA: Nick, translate your signature for me will you please, thanks.

How are things going nick?good or at least a bit better i hope?when i posted the post above here,we must have actually been posting at the very same time as it was not there when i started writing but was when i got done.go figure.thats why it probably didn't make sense.i am wondering about your blood pressure?whats up with that?i just quickly ran thru the very first post here and saw you were taking clonidine for your 'blood pressure" just wondering what that is about?how old are you and what have your BPs been like?

just wanted to touch base hon and see how things are going.please let us know when you can,K?hang in there nick.Marcia

Nick has been planning to go to the hospital on Wednesday. He is doing his best to deal with this pain and tomorrow we will be trying out for how we will be having Isis taken to and from school so he can find if he can rely on his friend. We will be also trying to see if one of my nephews will take both of us to the hospital so I can be there to speak with his doctors. I want to be informed as to what they find out and how we can tackle whatever it is that needs to be addressed. I have spoken to him and asked him not to keep anything back from his doctor and to advocate for himself so he can get the help he needs. The problem we have also been encountering is the ride to and from the hospitals or doctors since he can't help me to get on his Explorer. Hopefully, my nephew and sister will be able to be transporting us on that day.

Firesmurf, Nick is only 28 yrs old and we know his BP should not be so high so we also need to find out why it is doing this. I have tried my best not to stress him out so it won't go up. I don't recall how high it was on the day he first went to the er but it was pretty high. They were concerned about it and were addressing it at the time with monitoring too. Thank you all for your good wishes, concern and care.

If Nick doesn't post or reply after this, I will do my best to keep you all updated on what transpires.

Raven