Thread: D's locks?

D's locks?

worth the money?

weight vs. normal push brakes

how easy are they to lock?

thinking about it, just wanted some input
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

dude, best thing i ever bought. i will never be w/out them. i only wish i would have got them sooner. there is no brake on any chair that even can compare, they all slip and are shit. i beat the shit out of these. never had to adjust anything.

buy them.
    the weight isnt even a factor,.

totally quad friendly, super easy.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

here's a couple good past discussion's on them to get you going.

yes, but i had to do some serious cutting to get the adaptor ring to fit over the ends of my camber bar, also i added spacers in order to clear the pistons. steve from d's locks told me that tilite sometimes have arbitrary setups and measurements, and while the ones he sent me were the same size as fit on other tilites, i had to shave off 1/4", and then add 1/4" to my spacing...

also, i had a few problems flying with them - when i transferred into the aisle chair, the guy saw me put the brakes on, so when he stowed my chair in the hold, he flipped down the handle. when i arrived at the other end, the staff couldnt see how/if the brakes were on, so they forced it... i thought theyd broken it and was pretty freaked out, but all i had to do was retighten the nut on the side of the handle. on my return trip i carried a role of tape in my bag, and right before i went to the plane, i taped up the handle. then i told the guy i didnt have any brakes, and got him to hold my chair in place as i transferred. worked fine - ive since found a little bit of nylon webbing with velcro, and i reckon thatll work instead of the tape to keep the handle concealed

Seriously considering these. Are they easy to instal? How much do they go for?

Definitely worth it ... though I had trouble with the lever part. I've had to carry around a pin to keep it unlocked .... or if I go over a bump, the brake accidently engages sending me flying .... I'm thinking the place where I had them installed did it wrong as I've not heard any other similar complaints.

Worth every cent though! I'll never go back to the conventional brake.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

lynnifer, try using a wrench to snug up the bolt on the side of the handle. i had big problems like you describe, and that fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    lynnifer, try using a wrench to snug up the bolt on the side of the handle. i had big problems like you describe, and that fixed it.
    x2, thats all it is lyn, simple fix
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer