Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lacking adrenaline

Lacking adrenaline

Since my injury when I work out I dont get that "pumped up" feeling. No endorphins, no adrenaline and no sweating. Is this due to the break in my neck?
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

I hear you, but the only thing I can recommend is more sleep. Waiting for other replies.

GoTWheels, as I understand it, ephedrine will stimulate the production of noradrenalin and when it crosses the blood brain barrier the brain has trouble distinguishing between noradrenalin and real adrenalin so it produces the same fight-or-flight response.

It is commonly used to treat narcolepsy, hypotension, and drowsiness. I found this on Erowid:

Oklahoma #
    On Apr 6, 2004, Oklahoma became the first state to schedule pseudoephedrine, placing it into Schedule V. According to Microgram Bulletin (vol 37, June 2004), consumers are now required to present valid photo identification and sign a logbook to purchase pseudoephedrine. The law also limits the amount a person can buy or possess to 9 grams.

sources:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ephe...rine_law.shtml
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephedrine

If you're buying that, you're signing for it. I think KS has that same law now, because of the meth labs.

I need some too, for scuba diving. Keeps the ears clear.

maybe your test levels are low
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    If you're buying that, you're signing for it. I think KS has that same law now, because of the meth labs.

I need some too, for scuba diving. Keeps the ears clear.
    Does it need to be prescribed by a doc?
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    maybe your test levels are low
    I don't get what your saying, what levels are you refering to?

My Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs
    Does it need to be prescribed by a doc?
    No, as I understand it, you ask at the pharmacy, give your ID and fill out some paperwork.

Test levels=testosterone. These levels can drop with sci. I'd get some blood work done. Ask your doc to do a full workup. I get mine done every 3 to 6 months just to see how things are.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs
    Since my injury when I work out I dont get that "pumped up" feeling. No endorphins, no adrenaline and no sweating. Is this due to the break in my neck?
    What you are describing is normal for a quad (much different with low paras). The autonomous nervous system doesn't work properly with a high lesion leaving you with little sympathetic nervous stimulation compared to the parasympathetic stimulation. The result is no sweating or very little, low blood pressure, slow heart rythme even with exercise ... and you won't feel the same as before your injury after exercising. However, it get better if you exercise often and harder and harder but it will never be the same as if your system was functioning properly.

Pseudoephedrine is a sympathomimetic that will stimulate your sympathetic nervous system but there is a reason why it is now put under tighter control from pharmacists (it can be dangerous depending on different factors). Be careful if you decide to go this way.

JAYCUE, I think that getting your testosterone levels checked every 3-6 months is a little overkill no? Come on ....
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)