Thread: zra rear wheel spacing

zra rear wheel spacing

is it possible to change? how?
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CAMBER TUBE BACK IN RIGHT.

Otherwise, your wheels are pointing the wrong way, and it is really hard to push for 6 months until you notice and fix it.

Or so I've heard.

-- JB

one of the other pages of either the owners manual or the parts manual has the measurements of the spacers - inside and outside diameters. i had ordered the extra spacers, but promptly lost them. when i went to the us in september, the airline forced my ds locks loose (long story) and i had to increase my wheel spacing so as to be able to roll without the locks engaging. (i stupidly didnt realise til later that all i had to do was tightn the nut at the side of the clamp...). anyway, i went to home depot and bought some 1/8 washers with the right i.d. (slightly larger in fact) and used them. the o.d. was much too large, but it didnt really matter as the washers didnt have to fit inside something. anyway, they did the job until i arrived home and realised i could have saved myself the bother, and tightened the nut - which i did, and removed the extra spacers. but i was glad i found something that works in a store instead of having to write off to tilite and pay through the nose...

Quote Originally Posted by JustinB
    MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CAMBER TUBE BACK IN RIGHT.

Otherwise, your wheels are pointing the wrong way, and it is really hard to push for 6 months until you notice and fix it.
    Or so I've heard.
    -- JB
    You shouldn't have to remove the camber tube, but you should check the toe afterward in case the camber tube rotated during removal/re installation of the camber plugs.

thanks guys
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."