Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoracic spine fracture

Thoracic spine fracture

The doctors say that i have fractured my thoracic spine after my semi wreck. I want to know who i need to go to to get treatment for it.

Does anyone know what i should do for a fractured thoracic spinal injury, and where i should go to get treatment for it if there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by ronald_benson
    The doctors say that i have fractured my thoracic spine after my semi wreck. I want to know who i need to go to to get treatment for it.
    Your doctors didn't put you in a brace? Refer you to a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon? Are you paralyzed or did you just suffer broken bones?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton
    Your doctors didn't put you in a brace? Refer you to a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon? Are you paralyzed or did you just suffer broken bones?
    No im not paralyzed but i do have broken bones, sprains, and strains. No im not in a brace and i dont have a neurosurgeon or orthopedic surgeon. What should i do?
    Last edited by ronald_benson; 12-07-2007 at 02:37 PM.

You need to see an orthopedist. Ask your primary care physician to refer you to one.

(KLD)

Ok thanks to both of you. How is a fractured thoracic spine injury treated? Does it heal on its own or do u have to have something done to it?

It depends on where the fracture is and how severe it is. It may be just bracing and exercise limitations. It may require extensive surgery. Only an experienced surgeon can tell you your options and what is best for you.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    It depends on where the fracture is and how severe it is. It may be just bracing and exercise limitations. It may require extensive surgery. Only an experienced surgeon can tell you your options and what is best for you.

(KLD)
    Do you think that i will be able to drive again after i get better?

yes but be careful!

CWO

Is there anything that i can do to help ease the pain? Like laying a certain way.