Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easystand help bowel routine?

Easystand help bowel routine?

Hi
    Does anyone know if the regular use of Easystand help with bowel routine problems? i.e. slugish or comsipation and such.

Brian

I would say YES it helps or helped me anyway. It is still a bowel program but cut the reading time in half. I have just started with KAFO's and it seems to have made it even faster.

Be warned it takes days if not a few weeks for the ol'pipes to get adjusted. So be ready when the demon comes knockin. Hope this helps and hope you get one soon.

Thanks I'm looking into Easystand and welcome thoughts on it helping my bowel routine.

regular standing definately helps w/ bowelsd

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung

Good question.
    Equipment reps suggest that regular use of a standing position with products like Easystand promote better bowel elimination by increasing circulation, reducing skin pressure, promoting gravity,etc. To date, however, there are no studies that
    validate this and so it becomes a personal choice. If you have the equipment available and there is not a lot of cost involved, you may want to try it. Like everything else, there is so much equipment out there that costs money and works for some and not for others.

Do others have any personal experience with this?

AAD

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse:

Good question.
    Equipment reps suggest that regular use of a standing position with products like Easystand promote better bowel elimination by increasing circulation, reducing skin pressure, promoting gravity,etc. To date, however, there are no studies that
    validate this and so it becomes a personal choice. If you have the equipment available and there is not a lot of cost involved, you may want to try it. Like everything else, there is so much equipment out there that costs money and works for some and not for others.

Do others have any personal experience with this?

AAD
    aad, i really do believe its a huge help w/ bowels.......i have always stood since soon after my accident. when i go on vacation or something and cant stand i get bound up.....

every sci should stand , it has huge benefits for your body

"Man is bound to follow the adventurous promptings of his scientific and inventive mind and to admire himself for his splendid achievements" Carl Jung

Agreed with fuentejps about standing and its benefits.

I have the Easystand 6000. I stand 30-60 minutes every day. I didn't get it until 2 years after my injury and it hasn't made any change with my BP.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Originally posted by jimnms:

I have the Easystand 6000. I stand 30-60 minutes every day. I didn't get it until 2 years after my injury and it hasn't made any change with my BP.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
    just out of curiosity, have u ever went a week w/out standing jim

Originally posted by fuentejps:

just out of curiosity, have u ever went a week w/out standing jim
    Yes, I didn't stand while in DC, or for several days after while I recovered.

_____