Thread: can someone help me?Severe back pain

can someone help me?Severe back pain

I Have had scoliosis since childhood a moderate case not severe but for the last 5 -6 years I have had moderate to severe pain in the thoracic area and mid to lower lumbar area I just put it off to age and the scoliosis but for approx 1-2 years this pain has changed to constant unremitting pain worse at night wakes from what little sleep I am able to get , has gotten so bad I walk stooped over and cant sit straight up and can only lay on my rt side to sleep. i dont take any meds other than Ibuprophen 6oo and tylenol but It does'nt help any more I have never saw a doctor about this until 1-2 months ago went to Ortho and had MRI /BONE SCAN and he placed me on a Medrol Dose pack twice now and a bottle of lortab 5 I dont want to depend on pain meds I want answers? The lortab doesnt touch the pain what could it possible be and has any one else ever had any thing like this? MRI Impression: Cervical Spine-C4-5 /C6-7 mildbroad based disc bulge mild narrowing of the left neural foramina there is also mild disc desiccation at C3-C4 Thoracic Spine MRI-AREA OF ROUNDED HYPERDENSITY SEEN WITHIN THE MARROW AT T7 INFERIOR ENDPLATE APPEARS TO REPRESENT A HEMANGIOMA NO CONTRAST ENHANCEMENT IS SEEN IN THE DENSITY AT T7. OTHERWISE NORMAL. Lumbar Spine MRI MARROW SIGNAL HAS TWO AREAS OF INCREASED SIGNAL,ONE AT THE L1 LEVEL AND ONE AT THE L5 LEVEL. THERE IS A QUESTION OF SOME RIM-ENHANCING CONTRAST SEEN AT THE L5 LEVEL WHICH MAKES THIS A LITTLE SUSPICIOUS FOR POSSIBLE ENTITY OTHER THAN HEMANGIOMA.THESE DO NOT HAVE THE TYPICAL APPEARANCE OF HEMANGIOMAS AND WHILE THEY MAY REPRESENT ATYPICAL HEMANGIOMAS GIVEN THESE FINDINGS BONE SCAN MAY BE USEFUL FOR FURTHER WORKUP . L4-L5 SHOWED SOME BROAD BASED DISC BULGE.
    BONE SCAN JUST SAID:SMALL ROUNDED AREA OF SLIGHTLY ALTERED SIGNAL IN THE SUPERIOR ENDPLATE OF L5THIS DOES NOT SHOW A DEFINITE ABNORMAL UPTAKE ON THE BONE SCAN MINIMAL DEGENERATIVE APPEARING UPTAKE IS SEEN ABOUT THE SHOULDERS ,URINARY BLADDER AND BILATERAL RENAL ACTIVITY IS NOTED. HOW WOULD YOU INTERPET ALL OF THIS AND WHY THE CONSTANT PAIN? IT NEVER STOPS I'M just about to my wits end I cant keep going like this have re check appointment Dec.11 with Ortho again. any suggestions or advice?

Dessication means it is crumbling- do you take calcium? meds for osteopororis? You might want to find out what this is in your spine??
    Go to neuro surgeon who can tell you what test to have done???Biopsy?

CWO