Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Make your Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball fully programable in Vista

anyone know how to get mouseworks on vista 64, ive tried the above ways and nothing is working.

The above does work for Vista 64-bit, but you need to download » IntelliPoint 6.3 64-bit for Windows Vista

Follow the instructions in the original post, but install that instead of the 32-bit version.

Make sure you also install the 64-bit version of X-mouse found here: http://www.highrez.co.uk/scripts/dow...ckage=XMouse64

I know this works because I'm on Vista 64-bit using a Kensington trackball mouse I've bought 4 backups too just encase they ever decide to quit making them like they did the wireless one.

Anyone running Vista 32-bit can follow my instructions of running
    MouseWorks 6.2.2 setup in XP compatibility mode and as an administrator to get your buttons programmed to your likings:

1. Download and SAVE to your PC, DO NOT RUN:
    MouseWorks 6.2.2 software: http://ftp.kensington.com/PC/Input/M...rks_PC_622.exe

2. Locate MouseWorks_PC_622.exe, right-click the file and click 'Properties':

3. Once in properties, go to the 'Compatibility' tab. Check the box that says: "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2). Click 'Apply' then 'OK'.:

4. Right-click MouseWorks_PC_622.exe again and click, 'Run as Administrator':

5. There will be a pop-up. Click 'Run'

6. Follow the setup instructions and install normally. If it tells to restart DO IT. You should be able to go into Control Panel now under 'Mouse' and setup your buttons

THIS IS ONLY FOR VISTA 32-BIT!

Sorry, DOESN'T Work...

It doesn't work. I tried it the way you said and it refused to work. I'm running 32bit vista. But thanks anyway.

Try extracting the drivers first. Click on "MouseWorks_PC_622.exe", and then type in where you want the files extracted to. I suggest "C:\kensington" without quotes.

Then follow WADDIE's instructions.

well ive tried with the 64 bit software and still cant get mouseworks to work. I Instal exactly as explained and when i click the mouseworks softwarew tab it brings up the intelipoint software, and xmouse seems to randomly disable my left click button. I thought by doing these instals i would be able to use the mouseworks software. Anyone got screenshots of mouseworks software up on vista to help me out.

You need to reread the directions. Mouseworks won't work on Vista 64bit. Follow the OPs directions, but install the 64bit versions like I stated:

The above does work for Vista 64-bit, but you need to download » IntelliPoint 6.3 64-bit for Windows Vista

Follow the instructions in the original post, but install that instead of the 32-bit version.

Make sure you also install the 64-bit version of X-mouse found here: http://www.highrez.co.uk/scripts/dow...ckage=XMouse64

This is at the beginning of my post here: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...8&postcount=12

The directions below that is for installing mouseworks on VISTA 32BIT.

ONCE AGAIN MOUSEWORKS WILL NOT WORK IN VISTA 64BIT. FOLLOW THE WORK AROUND ABOVE TO BE ABLE TO PROGRAM YOUR BUTTONS IN 64BIT VISTA.

I have just bought a new computer which has Vista installed. It is the 64-bit system. I have followed the instructions in the first post of this thread and things are working, but not quite properly. First of all, the link to Intellipoint doesn't work anymore, obviously they've made some changes. So I rooted around and found this link. http://www.download3k.com/Install-Mi...nt-64-bit.html . After installing this, I then installed X-Mouse Button Control [64-bit]

I'm now having problems setting up the buttons. It seems that one minute the bottom left-hand mouse button acts as a one click button, the next minute it is acting as a right button. I have managed to get that sob right hon butts and working as a drag function and it seems after I have used this function, the bottom left-hand button automatically reverts to the right-hand button .

Could someone explain how to setup the buttons. at the moment, my left button is left click, and the right button is right-click-drag. This seems to work for the left click on my click bringing up a menu, but I can't get it to drag.
    Any help would be very much appreciated

If you follow this link below, I'm using the first trackball connecting using USB
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&ke...s&link_code=qs
    Last edited by OFL; 07-02-2009 at 03:29 PM.

I have given out for the moment, I just can't get it to work properly.

However, vista has various functions built-in that will enable you to use the trackball in near enough the same way that you can on XP. Basically, go into control panel > mouse properties > Then check "turn on click lock" there is an adjustment which enables you to govern how long you have to hold the button down. it works a treat. The right-hand button acts as a normal right-hand button on your normal everyday mouse. Okay, it's quite basic, but it enables you to use your trackball as it was designed without going to all the trouble of installing software to get it to work.

I believe this is why Kensington I met along the creating software for Vista

I saw a white one of these on amazon.uk but it seemed to have bad review and person said kensington werent supporting it with drivers to program the buttons.

I was wanting all white one to match my new macbook. Does anyone know if there's software to program the buttons on a mac as I'd need drag lock, and double click.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Katilea View Post
    I saw a white one of these on amazon.uk but it seemed to have bad review and person said kensington werent supporting it with drivers to program the buttons.

I was wanting all white one to match my new macbook. Does anyone know if there's software to program the buttons on a mac as I'd need drag lock, and double click.

Thanks
    This Thread may be helpful.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com