Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for additional FORUM

Question Suggestion for additional FORUM

I searched this forum to see if this question was already asked and/or suggested. Can at least two new forums be considered?

Religion
    There was a thread that got closed recently but I was learning about a religion before that happened. I don't see where I can learn about other religions that really "fit" in the other categories and POLITICS has its own forum. So, can we consider having RELIGION as a forum? Same tag line can apply "express your views respectfully".

Movies
    I think I was told early on after joining that movies are discussed in the LIFE forum. But the LIFE section tag line reads "questions & answers for life". So wouldn't it fit better under Recreation, Sports, Travel & Hobbies? Still, I think movies can sustain a forum all to itself. Documentaries, Drama, Comedy, Musicals (music videos too), Classic, Archives, Coming Soon. We could do film discussions, reviews and stuff like that (always alerting others of spoilers so not to ruin it for those who haven't seen the films yet).

Can a forum have sub-categories?

EDIT:
    Forget religion - embarrassed I missed the threads Betheny showed me.
    Last edited by Beth29; 11-27-2007 at 09:41 PM.

...darn betheny, can't even leave you alone for five minutes

Han Tacoma

~ Artificial Intelligence is better than none! ~

Sub-categories, Beth29? I think they're called threads.

Does it really matter where topics are discussed as long as the topics members are interested in are discussed? Seems anything too far off base would be moved by mods.

Jukespin is very interested in film and has discussed movie faves in various threads here at CC. Perhaps the two of you will enjoy discussing flicks together.
    Last edited by LaMemChose; 11-27-2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: just 'cause

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    You didn't search hard enough! Just a taste...
    DARN
    I used both MOVIE & RELIGION in separate searches and viewed the titles and tried to be thorough.

I wouldn't have posted the question if I thought I didn't look deep enough - my bad sorry.

Well religion is out

What about MOVIES as a forum topic?

the other part of the inquiry - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beth29
    DARN
    I used both MOVIE & RELIGION in separate searches and viewed the titles and tried to be thorough.

I wouldn't have posted the question if I thought I didn't look deep enough - my bad sorry.

Well religion is out

What about MOVIES as a forum topic?

the other part of the inquiry - - - -
    Ummmmmmmm, movies have what to do with SCI life, care and cure?

Flicks are great for those interested, but I seriously doubt anyone gives a fark enough to make that a forum unto itself. It has so little to do directly with those of us with SCI that those who are interested post when they are so inclined under the more general forums.

Seems there are likely many sites online for movie afficienados. You'd probably know more about that though.

Yes, we discuss topics other than SCI, but notice the forums. They're pretty specific to those of us with SCI or our caregivers or partners. Movies just wouldn't make the cut for a forum topic, IMNotSoHumbleO.

If this site is splintered for movies, then why not books and stamp collecting and cars and opera and on and on? Care Cure would lose its focus, which seems to be SCI care and cure. CC cannot and should not be everything for every person.

Of course, these are just my thoughts and opinions. If your looking for film dicussions, why not hit up boards dedicated to that, Beth29?

Just thinking outloud here.

I really don;t think they need their own forum .... simply title the post so that anyone interested knows what to look for ......
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

There have been a lot of topics on movies in the life section. You could post it there.
    T-5 incomplete

movies, movies, movies (chant)

hey, humor and happiness is a great healer and it helps put your mind elsewhere so it also helps you forget pain and discomfort for a short bit.

even the horror flicks have their place.

I asked Wise Young once about which forum would be most appropriate for a discussion of religion, and he said the Life forum. As you can see many topics overlap in other forums--and threads for that matter. Life is probably a good place for movies and books too. We already have some threads out there for this.