Thread: another strange episode....

another strange episode....

Sorry to keep bothering everyone. I just need to get this out. Yesterday the left side of my head went numb. It was really strange. It started out feeling like I had goose bumps (best I can describe it). Then a few seconds later the whole side of my head felt like it was tingling and numb to the touch. This lasted about 30 seconds, and it really scared me. I was afraid it wouldn't go away. Then it finally did, gone as quick as it came. It is particularly strange, because all of my other problems have been on my right side not the left. I don't know what to think about that. Today, I have had a throbbing headache, which is finally starting to go away. It wasn't a severe headache, just a very dull throb. Now, I am really frustrated. I am thinking I should see a neurologist. Do I need to have a referral for that? I really need to find out what is going on here. ...Thanks for letting me vent...

Sugarcube, now you're starting to scare me! It could be serious. Contact your doc and see what he thinks you should do. If you need a referral, he'll give you one. Please, keep us posted.
    "Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bullshit attached. Music survives everything, and like God it is always present. It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance. It has always found me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will." Eric Clapton

You need to get to a doctor - now! Whether or not you need a referral is dependent on your insurance. Even if all this turns out to be nothing, or minor, it's obviously stressing you out. You need to find the answers, no matter what they may be. Please, go see someone - even if it's to an urgent care facility where they can refer you in, or to an emergency room.

Hi,
    I'm not exactly sure what the symptoms are caused from. Did you check your blood pressure to see if it is AD. But I agree, that if you are really concerned, you should call your doctor.

AAD

Thanks 6string. I will see my doctor thanks.

marmalady, Yeah, I admit it, this has been stressful for me. I will see if I can get a referral asap, thanks!

AAD. Thanks! No, I didn't take my bp. I have had AD once, so I think I know what to look for. Can you have different symptoms with each AD episode, or are they usually the same?

Looking through all my previous posts, I can see that I have been really posting about this A LOT. I am so sorry to have been so selfish with my posts. I promise, this will not be brought up again. If I do, someone please bop me over the head to remind me! Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube
    Thanks 6string. I will see my doctor thanks.

marmalady, Yeah, I admit it, this has been stressful for me. I will see if I can get a referral asap, thanks!

AAD. Thanks! No, I didn't take my bp. I have had AD once, so I think I know what to look for. Can you have different symptoms with each AD episode, or are they usually the same?

Looking through all my previous posts, I can see that I have been really posting about this A LOT. I am so sorry to have been so selfish with my posts. I promise, this will not be brought up again. If I do, someone please bop me over the head to remind me! Thanks..
    Nobody wants to bop you over the head - we just want you to get seen - quickly!!!!!

We want you to bring this up again...with a report from your doctor visit and/or any changes in the meantime! Please keep us informed.
    T-4 complete since 1973