Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Invitation to a Gathering of CC Members

Invitation to a Gathering of CC Members

The Mid-Atlantic Chapter of The Care Cure Community is attempting to coordinate an outing together. This will be the first of hopefully many outings scheduled around the area that the Chapter covers.

Who: CC participants, family and friends.
    Place: Arundel Mills Mall, 7000 Arundel Mills Circle, Hanover MD 21076
    Time: 1:00 pm-"ish"

To be determined: Date
    Please answer on this thread:

1. Would you prefer weekday or weekend lunch hour meeting? Please list possible dates between now and January 15 that will work for you in your answer.

2. I am assuming this mall has a food court, does this agree with everyone?

I can start planning with this much information. Thanks,

Mary
    1FineSpineRN

not much of a food court but several inexpensive restaurants. Food court has a take out Chilis, chines, Nathans (I think) frozen yogurt, Mrs Fields cookies, etc. Outside the mall there is a Golden Corral Buffet.

It would be insane to attempt a gathering there until after Christmas.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

With advance notice........Chevy's! How about December 1 or 2?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton
    With advance notice........Chevy's! How about December 1 or 2?
    I am open Dec 1 or 2nd but after that its all booked up til after New Years. Let's hear from Pastor Dave and some others too. I will keep the two days open until the rest agree on one or the other. Otherwise something later after the Holidays.

Sue let me know what everyone wants up your way, I am arranging for some people to come from down this way as well. Mary

Oops that Saturday just got booked....so I think we may be headed for some time in Jan. M
    Last edited by 1 Fine Spine RN; 11-25-2007 at 03:00 PM.
    1FineSpineRN

May could do a January. Mid day, weekend best. (Hey, you asked....) I'm actually in N. VA, so it would be a drive.

Chevy's would be good.
    Last edited by BeeBee; 11-26-2007 at 04:35 PM.
    BeeBee

Let's search for a date in January, my parents just told me they are coming in on thursday. Chevy's will be the place, people can chime in about a January day and time. Mary
    1FineSpineRN

I would love to come, but can't make it to Maryland. If we plan one for Va., I'll be there!You guys have fun though.

Where in VA?, Quad79? It's a big state, ya know. (live near DC and have a good friend in Abingdon, quite a haul!)
    BeeBee

A weekend late lunch works for me, say 1ish. Then people who want to make a full day of it can head to the movie complex or the Renaissance Feast place for date night.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee
    Where in VA?, Quad79? It's a big state, ya know. (live near DC and have a good friend in Abingdon, quite a haul!)
    Oh, I'm right outside of Roanoke.

Scott has offered to help w/ the ride there, but this weekend wouldn't fit me very well. Anyone else come up w/ a better date?