Thread: D-Mannose-for bladder

D-Mannose-for bladder

I know there has been a post on this but I can't find it. My uncles girlfriend has MS and takes this for her bladder, she swears by it. She takes it in the powder form. I purchased it the other day in the pill form. I was wondering if anyone else has taken it this way. Also have you noticed when taking it if you need to cath more often. I started having accidents but I'm not sure if there related. Because I now think I have a urine infection. I know that it is supposed to be a really good product but I just had a few questions.
    thanks,
    Niese

i tried both pill and powder form and stopped after only 2 or 3 days;the d-mannose had me hhaving to cath every 4 then 3 and then 2 hrs.And i did not have a uti.I usually oonly cath at 5 or 6 hrs which was able to resume.

Some cran extract brands(jamieson)have some d-mannose in them and give the same frequency
    discomfort for me but not as extreme.If u do a search there are some posts.

Nurse or anyone else have an experience or knowledge about this?
    Triedandconvicted,
    How many pills did you take a day? I have taken three at a time. I was wondering if I lowered my dose if it would help maybe

Thanks,
    Niese

was taking 2/day,1000 mg pills,stopped after 3 days,maybe you are right,try
    one/day or even halves at half tab increments,over 2 weeks to go upto your current three.that might minimize irritation,if thats the problem;

i think its just for some it doesn't work,with certain bladder ph's

Rob C6/7