Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Meeting w/mom set for Wednesday, AHHHH

Mike,
    Great point, I am still learning it. Betheny, your right, I do have to remember to keep my mom's feelings and mine in perspective, mine come first, or atleast they should for the most part. I think on this particular issue the whole butting of heads happened because we both want the same outcome, even if it happens tomorrow or ten years from now, but we just had different ideas of how to go about it. Thanks again for everything. I hope all of your thanksgivings were wonderful.

Becky,
    Chicago
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

well........
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I am going to repost this incase it got lost somewhere in the forum. Not sure but here is goes...........

Well, the "ordeal" went as smoothly as it could go. We got there a little early and found out that my doc was running behind which made me super nervous since the therapist was supposed to have a patient at 11 so I thought that she wasn't going to be able to attend. It turned out that we got called back at a quarter to 11 so we had fifteen minutes to talk about the whole trial with the KAFO's before she had to leave. The next almost hour and a half was spent with my doc, my mom and myself. All I can say is that I feel so thankful for my doctor. He was able to put everything in a way that my mom didn't feel like she was being be-littled, which would have made it even harder then it was. He was able to make my mom be quiet long enough for me to say what I needed to say. Usually that is a big problem. I will have something that I need to say and she, my mom, just keeps talking like I am not even in mid sentence. I just have to thank everyone for their support and investment the last few months with everything. I know I have been annoying. I know that there is still a long way to go but I think if I ever need to schedule something like this again, my doc will have no problem with it. And more importantely, I won't feel stupid asking for one.

Becky,
    Chicago
    since 1/3/04

Has it made things any better at home?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    Has it made things any better at home?
    Sorry if it sounds nosy but inquiring minds etc..............

It has slightly, She still will say things but I just look at her and she seems to remember the conversation. The real test will be over the Christmas holiday when she is home for a month straight. I'll keep you all informed. Thanks again for all of the support and encouragemnet.

Becky,
    Chicago
    since 1/3/04