Thread: funding for elevator

Unhappy funding for elevator

hello, i am in Montana,and we are buidling a house, putting in a chain lift elevator by concord, but its so expensive(15.5k) and it will put us over our loan

most programs locally that i have found are all based on income, and i(we/wife) make to much to qualify

so i am looking for other alternatives to funding.

thanks

ideas?

try your state tech act
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

e-Bay , i bought a curved one for $300 , list price is $8,000. 1 1/2 years old. goes up 3 steps , curves on landing , the up to the top. bought another one for $100 , str8 run , for the basement. problem is finding one buy you or find a way to get it home. my buddy drives for N. American Van Lines. he picked it up in Chicago when he was up there. saturday i'm going to Albany to pick up the str8 one. the guy didn't even want any money. he just wanted someone who needed it to get it. he also giving me a manual chair , suit case ramp and bunch other stuff. his dad died and he said his dad would be happy that it went to someone who could use it. i told him he has to take $100 for flowers for his dads and moms graves. in the basement i can start doing some wood working. take care of my boiler when i need it. opens whole new world of access and things to do.
    oh well

Unhappy Concord elevator

I have a Concord lift that is supposed to be an outside one but I don't think it is since it has been out of order for about half of the time that I have had it. When it works it is fine but it's no fun being trapped on it. You might want to try another kind or get a great warranty from the company. Sorry to be so negative but that's my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by kenf
    e-Bay , i bought a curved one for $300 , list price is $8,000. 1 1/2 years old. goes up 3 steps , curves on landing , the up to the top. bought another one for $100 , str8 run , for the basement. problem is finding one buy you or find a way to get it home. my buddy drives for N. American Van Lines. he picked it up in Chicago when he was up there. saturday i'm going to Albany to pick up the str8 one. the guy didn't even want any money. he just wanted someone who needed it to get it. he also giving me a manual chair , suit case ramp and bunch other stuff. his dad died and he said his dad would be happy that it went to someone who could use it. i told him he has to take $100 for flowers for his dads and moms graves. in the basement i can start doing some wood working. take care of my boiler when i need it. opens whole new world of access and things to do.
    wow, nice guy, lucked out my friend

Quote Originally Posted by ffindley
    I have a Concord lift that is supposed to be an outside one but I don't think it is since it has been out of order for about half of the time that I have had it. When it works it is fine but it's no fun being trapped on it. You might want to try another kind or get a great warranty from the company. Sorry to be so negative but that's my experience.
    this one is a new model, indoors, that they just released lately, and the installer thats putting it in, says he stands by his work, and will be there to fix it or what not if somthing shall arise

Smile

thanks all for your inputs

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321
    try your state tech act
    yeah, Google "Assistive Technology Act".