Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dolly Cloner Abandons SCNT, Joins Dark Side

...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Terrific news!!! Now maybe the investors will pour the money on!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    Marcus, the debate will change tomorrow. Keep your eyes open.
    You mean etichal skin cells? Well Lanza tempered his enthusiasm with a warning that it's too soon to know whether cell reprogramming will provide medical benefits. "This is early-stage research. We should not abandon other areas of stem cell research. It's by no means certain they'll differentiate in the same way as a normal embryonic stem cell," he said. hESC research is also very important to understand for the mechanisms involved, like for example in cancer research and also how nerve cells arise from this orignially source, which is not the same as genemodifyed "etichal Steven correct" skin cells. The new research might be a source for terapeautic cells in the future though, in paralell with research on hESC.

Very good news Steven.
    Watching the veterinary work with stem cells though this was expected..and welcomed also.
    Every advance is.
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

What has happened, how do one know how to fix SCI because of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    What has happened, how do one know how to fix SCI because of this?
    We don't Leif. It's an important step though in cell biology.

Leif, ye of little faith. Lanza's looking out for his own backside.

Yamanaka's team successfully used hESC differentiation protocols to create cardiac and neural cells from iPS cells. There will be some differences, but this gives researchers a way to move forward that is free of political interference.

Lindox, it was definitely expected, but it's a good development. It could have happened sooner if more people (on both sides) advocated for it.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Steven,
    ASC has had the LION'S and the elephants share of federal funding. And private. And University etc. etc. etc.

You can use that defense if you must..but it's dishonest.
    It has the seal of approval from just about everybody.
    NO research is being funded except war related in the way it could be. Should be.

Now let's go cure something..somebody OK?

Lindox, I know ASCs receive more money. I never disputed that.

I'm just saying that things will be easier now for researchers, since there's an easily available source of self-renewing, pluripotent stem cells. Doug Melton, for example, can generate iPS lines that have diabetes -- something he can't do yet with SCNT.

I don't think saying that is dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    Lindox, I know ASCs receive more money. I never disputed that.

I'm just saying that things will be easier now for researchers, since there's an easily available source of self-renewing, pluripotent stem cells. Doug Melton, for example, can generate iPS lines that have diabetes -- something he can't do yet with SCNT.

I don't think saying that is dishonest.
    I hope you are right Steven, even though I don't have diabetes.
    I was referring to you advocacy statement. Just because some are advocating for one type of science doesn't always mean they are against another. That is left to those that are against another type of science. WE need it ALL. And if this process delivers what it is promoting..then what more can we learn from the study of the beginning? This wouldn't be happening without the beginning IMO. It's a throwoff from the study of the beginning IMO. A GREAT throwoff indeed.