Thread: Moving to Los Angeles - Can't find accessible apartment to rent

Moving to Los Angeles - Can't find accessible apartment to rent

I have a quad friend who is moving to LA in Feb. He currently lives in Indiana. He cannot find an accessible apartment in LA. He wants to be in the Hollywood area because he'll be going to film school in Hollywood. Anyone here live in the area who could possibly help him find a place? He wants a roll-in shower and he's hoping for a 2-bedroom but will accept a one-bedroom.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon
    I have a quad friend who is moving to LA in Feb. He currently lives in Indiana. He cannot find an accessible apartment in LA. He wants to be in the Hollywood area because he'll be going to film school in Hollywood. Anyone here live in the area who could possibly help him find a place? He wants a roll-in shower and he's hoping for a 2-bedroom but will accept a one-bedroom.

Thanks!
    What price range is he able to afford?
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Up to $2,000/month.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon
    I have a quad friend who is moving to LA in Feb. He currently lives in Indiana. He cannot find an accessible apartment in LA. He wants to be in the Hollywood area because he'll be going to film school in Hollywood.
    Hollywood is an older area. I'm sure there must be accessible places, but even looking further out in the suburbs was a pain. Good luck finding something.

C.

hollywood sucks for access. good luck. wish i could offer help, but a roll-in shower in hollywood might be asking for the moon. be lucky to park.

Yikes. Thanks for the responses. Looks like he has quite a challenge ahead.

Finding something with a roll-in shower will be nearly impossible. Has he considered getting a slider tub chair instead so he can bathe using one of those? What is his level? Does he get assistance for bathing or can he do it all himself?

(KLD)

I believe he wants a roll-in shower, but could adapt if he can't find one. Sounds like he will probably have to adapt.

He's c5/6. He doesn't do transfers on his own, so yes, he does need assistance.