Thread: San Antonio, TX

San Antonio, TX

This post may be in the wrong place, Admin. please move if appropriate.
    Does anyone know or have studies been made about geographical locations being a factor to TM?
    Please this is ONLY hearsay (doesn't mean a thing):
    A physical therapist in North Dallas told my wife that she (personally) has seen an unusual re-occurrence of TM from people that spent time in the San Antonio area in the mid-60s.
    Please do not take offence from my neebie post because I too have been grasping at straws in the wind as to 'WHY'.
    God Bless Everyone

Welcome 42Flat. Not an inappropriate post or question. I'd suggest asking at myelitis.org because there was a study done by the TMA and it showed one area in Texas that had a higher incidence of TM. I don't think they know why but it is why they ask all new members to fill out a survey--to determine possible triggers for TM.

Occurence or reoccurence? If your wife's PT said reoccurence please mention that in your email to the TMA.

Quote Originally Posted by 42Flathead
    This post may be in the wrong place, Admin. please move if appropriate.
    Does anyone know or have studies been made about geographical locations being a factor to TM?
    Please this is ONLY hearsay (doesn't mean a thing):
    A physical therapist in North Dallas told my wife that she (personally) has seen an unusual re-occurrence of TM from people that spent time in the San Antonio area in the mid-60s.
    Please do not take offence from my neebie post because I too have been grasping at straws in the wind as to 'WHY'.
    God Bless Everyone
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.