Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAN ANYONE HELP with Advice on MS

Hi Brian,

I am the caregiver for my husband who has PPMS.

My husband takes 4-AP, and has it compounded for him by Rockridge Pharmacy in Glen Rock, NJ. They fill the Rx and ship it to us via UPS. Since they are in NJ, and we are in NJ, we get it the next day, without having to pay for "next day delivery". If your mom gets an Rx for 4-AP or any other compounded medication, you might want to look into RockRidge Pharmacy.

My only other advice for you is to get as much info as you can from her insurance company about how they cover durable medical equipment. Unfortunately, as your mom's condition continues to progress, you will likely need things like a wheelchair (maybe power wheelchair), hoyer lift, shower wheelchair, etc.

If your mom is really having trouble with her memory and thought processes, you might want to discuss with her about getting a "medical power of attorney" so that her insurance company, doctors, etc will speak with you about her care, and allow you to make decisions on her behalf.

Feel free to e-mail me privately if you like. AXWNJ at optonline dot net

p.s. One other thing I recommend is to get on very good terms with her doctors. If you don't understand something they say, ASK! If you have a doctor who isn't responsive to your mom's needs, find another doctor. It can take a long time to find a doctor you like and trust, but it's well worth the effort. Make sure the doctor and their staff see you and your mom as a "team", and that they treat both of you with the respect you deserve. My husband understands "doctor talk" but I don't, and I will as the doctors to repeat what they just told my husband in "regular english" so I understand it! Stay away from any doctor who won't speak in plain english.

Glyconutrients?

Hi, i was diagnosed with MS in 2007, am 25, im sorry to hear what your mom has to go through (you both are living my worst nightmare)

I have recently heard from various Neurologist and MD's of Glyconutrients, maby you have heard of it already (i live in South Africa, we only hear of things years after other countries!)

I am looking into it, maby it could help your mom?