Thread: Okay, what drug do you take to relax your bladder?

Okay, what drug do you take to relax your bladder?

And what side effects have you noticed?

Last night I started taking Sanctura instead of Oxybutynin, and oh my gosh, my mouth is so incredibly dry today. And I thought I knew what dry mouth was! I'm switching back to Oxybutynin asap.

I'm also very tired today. I don't know if it's related.

Last night my ex asked me if I've heard about "that new drug". He said it started with an S and I said, "Sanctura?". He said no, it's something else. He saw an ad for it. He can't remember what it is called though.

If I recall correctly, there was recent discussion here about Ditropan causing fogginess.

What's best?!?!

Alive for 35 years
    T4/5 complete for 26 years
    Mom for 7 years

Also, Ditropan and Oxybutynin are the same drug, correct? Ditropan is the generic name for Oxybutynin?

Alive for 35 years
    Mom for 7 years

I asked my uro about sanctura and he said it was one of three new drugs. He told me to try Enablex and gave free samples. he said it was the least drying. Even with 15mgs of ditropan I was still leaking. Enablex did not work for me.

Oxybutinin is the generic name, Ditropan is a brand. I have tried Ditro, Ditro XL, and Detrol LA. None have been effective for me. I was thinking of trying Sanctura, thanks for heads up on dry mouth.

The latest drug I've seen advertised is called Vesicare. I asked about it in a thread a little while back, don't think anyone has tried it.

There is also the Oxytrol patch, it is also Oxybutinin just in patch form. I am currently in the midst of a trial study on it. The dosage keeps getting upped every 2 weeks if no improvement. I plan on posting my results afterwards.

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

detrusitol, had no side effects at all

McDuff, I am now on my second day of Sanctura, and I have to say that the dry mouth problem is much better. I'm going to give it more time and see how it goes. I'll be interested to hear the results of the Oxytrol patch.

Enablex and Detrusitol, I haven't heard of either one.

Alive for 35 years
    Mom for 7 years