Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: help with fever & shakes/chills: never happened before

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northwest OH
    Posts
    212
    thanks guys,
    now I appear to be completely constipated, I think it's the antibiotics working in reverse of usual, what's the best thing available to correct bacterial levels? I just bought some yogurt but is there anything better-the bactrim is double strength ordered 2 times a day instead of 1 for 10 days, add that to my already 9 days of levaquin and I'm really going to be screwed up

    sci-nurse
    the one thing that the advocate helps with in ER, is as a quad once they throw me on a bed, I'm trapped and they can ignore me, helps to have someone with legs

  2. #12
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    Sorry wchair
    Pray it gets better.

    I just got through with antibiotics.
    I'm taking i-flora probiotics.
    Puts back all the good bacteria.

    http://www.ihealthtree.com/sedona-la...0-vegcaps.html

    For constipation, lots of fiber and I'm adding flax to my oatmeal
    But be careful with flax, kwim?

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northwest OH
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels
    Sorry wchair
    Pray it gets better.

    I just got through with antibiotics.
    I'm taking i-flora probiotics.
    Puts back all the good bacteria.

    http://www.ihealthtree.com/sedona-la...0-vegcaps.html

    For constipation, lots of fiber and I'm adding flax to my oatmeal
    But be careful with flax, kwim?
    thanks for the link

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northwest OH
    Posts
    212
    appears they got the antibiotic right, my fever & chills are already gone after only 2 days/4 doses, back to being cold is kinda nice (temp = 97.3), now just have to tough it out for 8 more days of antibiotics... & hopefully have a decent bp in there somewhere... last one to produce anything Tue.... hope everyone else is doing well

  5. #15
    Senior Member Mona~on~wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cleburne, Texas, USA
    Posts
    5,664
    You're welcome.

    Gotta keep the good bacteria in there.

    Thank God! So glad you feel better.

  6. #16
    Glad to hear that you are on the mend.
    CKF

  7. #17

    better later than never

    noticed your posts-hope you're fully healed-I had a similar series of events occur
    on 6/1/09 and it turn out that the cause of the problem was a kidney stone that caused a sepsis infection. Ultimately after 2 nites in the hospital(1 in the "ICU"),2 surgeries and 6 weeks of having to strain my urine, all was fixed.
    I'm curious whether you ever determined the cause of the infection.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northwest OH
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by gschechter View Post
    noticed your posts-hope you're fully healed-I had a similar series of events occur
    on 6/1/09 and it turn out that the cause of the problem was a kidney stone that caused a sepsis infection. Ultimately after 2 nites in the hospital(1 in the "ICU"),2 surgeries and 6 weeks of having to strain my urine, all was fixed.
    I'm curious whether you ever determined the cause of the infection.
    bactrim fixed the issue, so bladder infection it must have been... how did they find your kidney stone?

  9. #19
    Senior Member wheeliecoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    East Haven, CT
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by wchair View Post
    bactrim fixed the issue, so bladder infection it must have been... how did they find your kidney stone?

    I had a kidney stone too...and had the same symptoms you had...I am functioning at T-10 incomplete and I was in discomfort in my back that radiated to the front. A CT scan confirmed my kidney stone issues.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Similar Threads

  1. It´s happened to me twice already
    By paramoto in forum Care
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 11:15 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 05:22 PM
  3. prolonged fever - high esr?
    By atul in forum Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 07:30 PM
  4. Dehydration producing a fever?
    By bruce in forum Care
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-22-2002, 10:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •