Thread: Does it take 5 hours to dwnload Adobe?

Does it take 5 hours to dwnload Adobe?

I don't remember it taking that long.

Don't think anything Adobe has is big enoughto take that long to download. Did you notice how many megs were coming down? Also what speed connection do you have?

"Rather be ridin' than rollin'"

McDuff,
    I had to reprogram my cp. I downloaded the upgrade to Windows Media Player and after it got through I got a freaking Trojan cause my server forgot to turn my firewall back on.I have Norton anti virus and MS anti Spyware. Anyway, I have to download everything back on my cp. FUN... What is it I need Adobe Reader 6.0 or Acrobat. I have not downloaded it yet cause it said it would take 5 hours and I know it is not the one I need. It is to big of a file.I got ieSpell for CC. I can't remember all I need in order to run all the programs. I guess I will have to buy MS Word in order to have spell check on my Outlet Express.
    I believe Java and Abby Fine-Reader.MS is mailing their free Service PAC 2.
    Can you think of anything else? Sorry for all the wondering but I am a lay person with a cp. I really appreciate all the help you can give.
    Oh, someone said that Limewire was easier than WMPlayer. What do you think. All I use that for is to save music to my cp then latter burn them to a cd.
    Mary If you don't mind you can e-mail me at maryonwheels@eastex.net

This is what you want:
    Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0

-Lewis

I don't know if this is of any value to anyone but I have used a GNU based pdf reader called Ghostscript out in business environments.
    http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

Originally posted by maryonwheels:

McDuff,
    I had to reprogram my cp. I downloaded the upgrade to Windows Media Player and after it got through I got a freaking Trojan cause my server forgot to turn my firewall back on.I have Norton anti virus and MS anti Spyware.
    Mary, if you have Windows XP on your computer along with service pack two, you would have the Windows software firewall. Another option is to use the free version of the Sygate Firewall or ZoneAlarm. You can only use "one" software firewall on your computer. Without a firewall, you are vulnerable to the Sasser Worm.

http://smb.sygate.com/home_small_office.htm

[This message was edited by Paul Nussbaum on 04-12-05 at 10:05 PM.]