Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie here!

Newbie here!

Hi all! I've thankfully stumbled upon this website, and am so glad to see I'm not alone. I've lived with 2 incomplete sci for almost 20 years, and believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever 'joined' a site like this. As I'm sure with the rest of you, I have my good days, and a fair share of bad ones. It's on those bad days that I really need a swift kick in the a**, and have someone remind me how lucky I am to have what I have. It's so different to hearing it from someone who's on a similar journey, than hearing it from someone who's able-bodied. I get so angry sometimes, and then the anger is usually followed by a self pity-party. The chronic pain in my back (at the site of one of my sci), and limitations, are what usually get me down. There are so many things that I want to do, but find it so hard, or nearly impossible to accomplish. If anyone has any words of inspiration, my ears are open! Oh, btw, if I'm out of line posting anything, please let me know. I definitely don't want to offend anyone on my first day! Thanks!

welcome to CC

thanks!

Hi Jersey Girl! Welcome to CC, and I am sure you will find a lot of interesting helpful, (and occasionally bizzare) information here.

In the couple of hours since I've found this sight, I've learned a wealth of information already! I just wish I knew about this sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen
    Hi Jersey Girl! Welcome to CC, and I am sure you will find a lot of interesting helpful, (and occasionally bizzare) information here.
    LOL ... bazzare and off the wall...you'll have to laugh

Welcome to CC. Interesting crew here.

Welcome to the forums Jerseygirl. You can learn a lot here and have a lot of fun too.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Welcome Jerseygirl.
    You'll love everyone here and what there is to offer!
    Yes, I think you found "bizarre" when you stumbled in on Adi's thread.You'll grow to know him well!

Welcome Jerseygirl. I'm sure with your 20 yrs you will have plenty to offer.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia