Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: does anybody else believe in reincarnation?

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    As for reincarnation - if we believe in it? Imagine if Juke was a born again broccoli? Dunno, but I’ll stick to seal meat etc, which has a better traceable track record. As such.
    Hmm, "The better to avoid being eaten by you, my dear."
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Tufelhunden
    One can contemplate by all means. But when faulty reasoning is pointed out, I am increasingly seeing people going on the defensive. This is the reason we have referees in academic journals. I hope we can agree on this.
    Only a used car sale person could came up with such a neat solution to reincarnation - Dan and Juke becoming the new bratwursts for the ladies on a truck stop?

Lief, my signature is in reference to Tolkien. I lol'd when I read your post, though.
    Dang! I thought it was Poe!
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Only a used car sale person could came up with such a neat solution to reincarnation
    Anything is neater than what I've seen here. Believing that a tornado blowing through a junk yard and assembling a fighter jet appears more plausible than someone groundlessly telling me that there is a chance that I may come back as a howler monkey and engage in excrement throwing contests.

Imagine if you were born again as a right-winger.
    I vote "right-wing" (where allowed to vote though)

Quote Originally Posted by dan_nc
    In general, I don't find jokes that ridicule religion or disability particularly humorous.
    Never watch Comedy Central.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen
    Dang! I thought it was Poe!
    Bessemer!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    I have never claimed that I have spoken with Death.

C.
    But you said you met him, what the f**k did you two do?

But you said you met him, what the f**k did you two do?
    lmao!

I'm kinda curious about this...

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamCraig
    Sin is when someone offends against a principle or a standard. It can also mean "to be at fault".
    Thanks for the clarification, WilliamCraig. I am unfamiliar with the definition of sin outside of religious context.

Yes, he has employed reasoning in that he has reasoned that his subjective, personal experience must be true. How can he not have used reason?
    I beg to differ. In your example, the guy has not made claims as to the accuracy of his subjective personal experiences.

I'm not going to play patty-cake with a belief like this. If some guy walked up to me and told me that werewolves talk to him about the origin of the universe every night, I would point out the absurd reasoning he's using... then I'd laugh at him in a "feel sorry for ya" kind of way.
    Merely describing an experience does not require reason. Drawing conclusions based on that experience does.
    Daniel